Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Contacting BT Chairman  (Read 7511 times)

d2d4j

• Kitizen
Re: Contacting BT Chairman
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 07:54:30 PM »

Hi

Many thanks for you help and advice. It is appreciated thank you

I too look after other clients broadband and I am authorised on their account to deal with aspects of the account. These are business accounts.

I was told that I could not authorise samknows so access to the account could be discussed. This I believe is wrong and I am the account holder

Samknows should already hold authority in any case to discuss the account as their contact at bt refunded monies previously so it does not make sense

Also, the chap I was speaking got a few things wrong, as an example, I requested an email confirming our conversation (or certain aspects of the conversation), which he said he could not do, until I pointed him to their code of conduct and quoted the passage which states they will do so if asked. Same with the disputed amount not been taken, as it was well in excess of 5% of the invoice and also, he kept repeatedly stating I could not complain due to nothing on the account to complain about. This point is where my issue lies 

He could also not give any reason for the refunded monies earlier this year, other then to say maybe a goodwill gesture, so I pointed out it was feasible that it was samknows/bt who refunded the monies, and until a complaint was raised by me, could not be progressed

I have already supplied the email thread from samknows confirming the previous monies returned, and stating bt had made the account unlimited.

I guess I'll have to wait now, but tired of having to point out their mistakes as above, and it taking over 2 hours of my time on the phone

Once again though, many thanks for your help, it is appreciated

John

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 10:58:59 AM »

From what you said, it sounds like he doesn't know or fully understand what the SamKnows testing is.   

afaik on the previous occasions re BT making charges, I dont think Sam has direct authority for your account, but rather a contact in BT who ensures that the account doesnt incur data charges for those users running the whiteboxes.    This may differ from ISP to ISP as I know that some ISP's will only allow 'x' amount of free data to cover the amount used by the whitebox eg 5GB or whatever.

I would try contacting SamKnows using the community email address and you could also try cc a copy to Neil Campbell at the email address I gave in my earlier post.

Good Luck.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 12:24:37 PM »

Hi kitz

Many thanks, much appreciated

Samknows have been dealing with this since 2016/17, so I do believe it is bt not taking appropriate action to fully resolve.

If you want to pm me an email address, I'll email the samknows email thread so you can see the state of play and what was meant to have been completed for unlimited allowance earlier this year

I also received a letter confirming full amount of invoice due will be taken on the 9 July. If this happens, I will create a separate complaint as this is against their own code of conduct (terms 8.16).

I'm probably a fool to myself, as I was offered unlimited, and all overage charges cancelled if I setup a new 24 month contract. Which resolves the issue, but does mean I am tied to a new 24 month contract and the people who should have done their job correctly, just do nothing. It's a principle with me sorry. I expect others to be like me, and do their job

Many thanks

John

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 11:28:21 AM »

'Doesn't know or fully understand what the SamKnows testing is'.   

Can someone explain what this testing is please.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 12:19:20 PM »

Hi tickmike

I hope your well

If you go to samknows.com, it should explain it better, but in essence, it is a test on the broadband

Many thanks

John

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2017, 12:07:54 AM »

Was this ever resolved? I have an old samknows silver box with a USB stick I presume to run the tests one of the first he sent. Think I was on ADSL Max when I started. Now I use the JDAutotester to run download and upload tests every 2 hours but I am on unlimited.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2017, 08:55:12 AM »

Hi

Sorry I thought I had updated my thread sorry

Yes, this has been fully resolved by entering a new contract with bt.

Samknows always had BT return the overage charges, but for some reason, BT did not set our account to unlimited, hence why charges were kept been charged

I never heard anything from BT, which was disappointing

It is also worth noting, I had to point out areas from their terms and conditions, and code of practice (was told on numerous occasions that they could not put anything in writing/email and could not put a hold on any disputed charges). This is wrong, and things moved quickly when I quoted the correct areas involved, i.e. If disputed charges are above 5% of total invoice, then you only pay the undisputed charge, and disputed charges are investigated. If disputed charges are less then 5% of total invoice, you pay it all, including disputed charges, whilst it is investigated

The above made things move extremely quickly as I said, because I provided evidence of samknows/bt for unlimited usage which had never been set

I became a samknows tester, not for me to follow my line stats etc, but to help the greater community in stats.

I use dslstats and mydslwebstats, but I do not check regularly and been a samknows tester helped greatly at the beginning of the year, when our broadband went funny, connected speed was showing correct 80/20 but throughput went to around 10/15 down.  Using samknows I was able to show this and samknows is recognised by BT (even if the people you speak with, do not know about it), it is usually quickly progresses up the line to someone who does and then resolved asap as it monitors BT broadband, giving them a rating.

Many thanks

John
Pages: 1 [2]