Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

Checking new line was wired correctly

<< < (2/4) > >>

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: NewtronStar on June 26, 2017, 11:08:45 PM ---Ah so he's going for FTTC bonding with two lines ?

--- End quote ---

No. If I've remembered correctly, G*E*net has changed CP, from TalkTalk to BT Wholesale based. The migration was not faultless . . . TalkTalk refused to release the telephone number and so, after complaints, BT installed a new line.

Come to think of it, you replied in that other thread! Now where is it . . . Ah, yes, here it is.  :D

GigabitEthernet:
Good to hear it's all been done as it should be. And by an MJ Quinn engineer no-less!

GigabitEthernet:

--- Quote from: NewtronStar on June 26, 2017, 11:08:45 PM ---Ah so he's going for FTTC bonding with two lines ?

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately not, TalkTalk screwed up unfortunately.

I will be able to compare the two lines though for a short period.

NewtronStar:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on June 26, 2017, 10:51:33 PM ---Basically, the second pair of your incoming service feed (either underground or an aerial drop) has been used to implement the second circuit.

--- End quote ---

It was your wording in bold that made me think of a bonded line coming into use at some point  :doh:

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: NewtronStar on June 27, 2017, 12:35:31 AM ---It was your wording in bold that made me think of a bonded line coming into use at some point  :doh:

--- End quote ---

Yes, sorry, I can see that my somewhat sloppy wording could imply that interpretation.  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version