Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: DSLstats version 6.0 released  (Read 31782 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: DSLstats version 6.0 released
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2017, 01:49:00 PM »

Eric I just noticed on MDWS, dslstats users seem to be missing snapshot type data.

kitz who uploads via BE's script I can view her bitloading and QLN

But me and newt who use dslstats it says is not available for this user.  I cannot speak for newt but I can tell you on my dslstats all the boxes are ticked for the upload data settings.

Can you please look into this or if you already know the answer advise on whats wrong? thanks.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2017, 04:07:50 PM »

I just had a quick look via a database query and there is another user d2d4j with the same problem. There may be others but not everyone has stated what modem they are using.

If you look at the MDWS SNRM graph you can see that at 57 mins to the hour when the uploads are made (FIVE of them) there are no uploads at all each time. I can't see any errors in the logs that would explain this but there is a common factor - the modem is a Billion 8800NL in each case along with the Windows 6.0.2 version. All other DSLStats versions earlier then 6.0.2 appear to be working fine with tthat modem.

The 8800NL does seem to have had uploading problems in the past at the user end and from memory it's failed TELNET logons but that may not be relevant here? Is there anything in the Event Logs that may case light on it?
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2017, 04:26:48 PM »

Thanks for that Tony. Chrys is using DSLstats V5.9, so this isn't an issue with the DSLstats version. Lots of other DSLstats users are uploading normally, so it does seem to be related to the 8800NL, although I can't see why it's suddenly started happening.
  Eric

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2017, 04:28:58 PM »

Ok thanks eric and tony, let me know if you want me to run any specific tests.

The event log is full of stuff but I think its all related to my current service issues.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:31:31 PM by Chrysalis »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2017, 04:34:35 PM »

If DSLstats is timing out during sampling (which could explain the lack of any uploads when the extra four items are due) I would expect to see entries in the event log. Do you see any?
  Eric

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2017, 04:55:49 PM »

Hi

Yes, I believe I had an issue on snrm zip I think but was resolved by setting permissions for everyone to read write to dslstats in app folder

I will need to check again sorry, to see if it has fully resolved that issue, which stated could not save snrm.zip

I think this issue only started to happen after windows did an overnight update on patch Tuesday

I'm sorry if I am wrong

Many thanks

John

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2017, 04:58:30 PM »

Hi

Sorry, I use hg612 and dslstats is 6.2 (the one prior to autoinstall), which connects over wifi

Many thanks

John

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2017, 05:16:11 PM »

If DSLstats is timing out during sampling (which could explain the lack of any uploads when the extra four items are due) I would expect to see entries in the event log. Do you see any?

no timeout errors, just lots of "no dsl connection" "dsl connection dropped "dsl connection restored" "email alert" and a single "unable to collect stats 3 or more times in succession" (probably when I disconnected the billion from network).

also right at start tons of "unable to login to modem/router" I expect when the 8800nl was powered off

eric if you can please make a debug feature, when I can hit a button "send debug info to developer"

I can confirm snapshot data is recorded locally fine, so I have QLN and bitswap data I can view in the app.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:24:14 PM by Chrysalis »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2017, 05:25:02 PM »

But me and newt who use dslstats it says is not available for this user.  I cannot speak for newt but I can tell you on my dslstats all the boxes are ticked for the upload data settings.

Thanks Chry I did notice this but thought this was all down to MDWS server going down a few days ago and things would right itself.

Shut down the RPI and running DSLstats from windows 10 using V5.9.5 to see if the QLN and HLOG are uploaded.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2017, 05:30:37 PM »

Well what is odd is also we both have no historical QLN data either, including all historical data from hg612 stats.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2017, 06:03:33 PM »

You won't see any historical data without a current upload in the last few hours.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »

Have past the 57 min to the hour and still no data uploaded all I get is this

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2017, 06:22:39 PM »

You won't see any historical data without a current upload in the last few hours.

ok thanks.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2017, 06:23:24 PM »

Hi

The event log still shows Unable to save SNR_file.zip for MyDSLWebstats. However, looking the folder where saved, they are shown as saved.

I have included all the saved files from mydslstats folder, including the event log, if it helps

Many thanks

John

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2017, 06:29:28 PM »

eric if you can please make a debug feature, when I can hit a button "send debug info to develepor"

I'll look into that.
  Eric
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10