Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How do I get a much ealier version?  (Read 1993 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
How do I get a much ealier version?
« on: June 17, 2017, 11:44:40 PM »

The later versions are pretty hopeless for me, because of the floating point errors. Are legacy versions available anywhere at all? I'd like to see if one of those would work better for me.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
Re: How do I get a much ealier version?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 08:35:37 AM »

Hi renluop

I have from v5.3 onwards (2015)

I am not sure if there are 64 bit versions for dslstats, as the pc used for dslstats is only 32 bit, so all versions are 32 bit

I would be surprised though, if earlier versions are not available for download

If earlier versions are not available for download, please let me know if you need a particular version and I'll put it up on a host site for download, but I am not back until Tuesday

Many thanks

John

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 09:24:43 AM »

thanks

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 09:44:35 AM »

There are only 32-bit versions of DSLStats for Windows. I have back to in the v4s but they cannot upload to MDWS. The first I have that is able is 5.3 - v5.0 cannot but don't have 5.1 or 5.2 to check them (upload.exe will be missing). Note that the earlier versions tend to have upload/reporting bugs into MDWS.

Have you tried setting the Compatibility for DSLStats to an earlier version of Windows - I seem to remember you are running Win10? I've solved many problems by doing that starting with Win7 as the setting.

You have a shortcut somewhere on your desktop or Quick Launch for DSLStats - right-click on it and select Properties, then the Compatibility tab and select Windows 7 from the dropdown plus select the Checkbox and OK everything. Stop DSLstats and relaunch and see what happens. You may get a Windows prompt to run the prog you don't normally see. I don't recollect ever seeing a Floating Point error in the years I've used it and I have two copies running 24/7 here.

For some time now I've been frustrated  by the latest versions of Chrome not being willing to open links selected from external sources, URL or within e-mail - a message pops up saying Chrome is unresponsive - Relaunch? Which has zilch effect. Pasting the link in works but is a PITA.

Solutions on the web abound, some very complex but none work for me. Setting Compatibility to Windows 8 solves it immediately for me.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:11:59 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 09:45:25 AM »

I've got every version from 3.0 (May 2013) onwards, but everything prior to v5.9 has the problem that it won't operate smoothly after I take down the old website. If you really want to go down this path, I suggest that you pick two or three versions which might meet your needs, and then I'll make them available for download. Then, if you choose one which you're happy with, I'll rebuild it with the references to the old site replaced by references to the new site and make it permanently available for download.

Unless someone tells me differently, I believe that this issue only applies to Windows.

PS full list of versions here (latest first): http://dslstats.me.uk/changelog.html
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 09:52:32 AM »

Eric - Our posts crossed I believe....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:58:21 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 10:11:37 AM »

Yes, I saw that you'd posted while I was writing my reply, but sent it anyway because I wanted the point about the website change not to be forgotten.

@renluop: Tony's suggestion about compatibility mode looks good as a possibility before thinking about going back in time.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 10:33:29 AM »

Thanks both, I'll try the compatibility path first. :)

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 10:44:41 AM »

Now in compatibility with Win 7, though I think I had trouble with that too, but maybe to a lesser extent.

anything