Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSLStats Minor Issue  (Read 1361 times)

tiffy

• Kitizen
DSLStats Minor Issue
« on: June 17, 2017, 12:05:57 PM »

Running DSLStats V.5.9.5 (pre-release) on Win. 8.1 64 Bit to Huaewei HG612, vDSL2 connection.

With reference to the issue reported by "renloup", dated 27/05/17, not sure if on same program revision, I have been experiencing similar issues with respect to auto-saving and taking snapshots of text pages.

Stat's (summary) page:
Snapshot (camera symbol) does work on demand.
Does not auto-save when selected.

Average errors page:
Snapshot will not work, produces error in log "unable to save average errors text" on every snapshot request.
Also in "show values for" window, jumps from "today" to earliest listed entry date.
Does not auto-save when selected.

I appreciate that this is a very similar, probably identical, report to that of "renloup" on 27/05/17, however, perhaps this additional information regarding my experiences on my system may help with verification & possible diagnosis.

BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

tiffy

• Kitizen
Re: DSLStats Minor Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 01:22:05 PM »

Had virtually forgotten about this post, the latest posting by "roseway" today ref. floating point errors prompted a reminder, I was also experiencing the floating point errors when running DSLStats on Windows and I had average errors text page auto-save selected, looks very much like there could have been a connection to my issues.

I have now migrated DSLStats from Windows to Raspberry Pi in order to run continuously and harvest stat's. to the excellent MDWS on line program, have not had either issue while running on RPi.

Doubtless Eric will sort the floating point error issue when running Windows in his next program build as he as stated and has offered a temporary fix in the mean time, see his latest post today.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLStats Minor Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 03:41:36 PM »

Yes, I'm sorry that your previous post didn't properly register in my thick skull. Your issue was undoubtedly the same.
  Eric

anything