Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Error Seconds per Day  (Read 15926 times)

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: Error Seconds per Day
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2017, 01:37:47 PM »

Can you tell from Dslstats whether you are on a Retransmission High profile or a Retransmission Low profile?

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2017, 02:30:52 PM »

Still no G.INP for me. Though a harsh cap for a couple days on my line just managed to get DLM to return it to fastpath.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2017, 02:43:18 PM »

Can you tell from Dslstats whether you are on a Retransmission High profile or a Retransmission Low profile?

I was on 46 before and now 55 so I'n guessing that's low to high? INP REIN has increased as well.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2017, 03:48:19 PM »

Had another resync and I think I'm now on a 5dB target on the downstream. Sync now maxed out at 54997.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2017, 06:54:12 PM »

Sync now maxed out at 54997.

I presume that you are a consumer of the Openreach 55/10 Mbps?  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2017, 07:03:57 PM »

I presume that you are a consumer of the Openreach 55/10 Mbps?  :-\

Indeed.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2017, 11:22:11 AM »

Had another DLM intervention today and now have G.INP on the upstream. Did three manual resyncs yesterday which I don't think would have caused it - speed profile is up to 10 per day?

Downstream and upstream are now maxed out, at 54997 and 10000 :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:25:12 AM by GigabitEthernet »

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2017, 06:50:08 PM »

Had another DLM intervention today and now have G.INP on the upstream. Did three manual resyncs yesterday which I don't think would have caused it - speed profile is up to 10 per day?

Downstream and upstream are now maxed out, at 54997 and 10000 :)

I thought speed was supposed to be up to 20 per day? Standard 10, stable 5? Maybe I'm mistaken though.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/DLM_calculator.php

I assume you didn't exceed the ES+SES threshold on the upstream? Also how close were the three manual resyncs?

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2017, 07:11:30 PM »

About 15 minutes apart.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2017, 08:57:11 PM »

Still no G.INP for me. Though a harsh cap for a couple days on my line just managed to get DLM to return it to fastpath.

Any reason for the cap that you know of?  Was it just on for a couple of days before it was removed automatically?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2017, 10:05:41 PM »

About 15 minutes apart.

A wild theory, though seems to relate to my experience recently when I was changing some settings on the ASUS too soon in an hour. I re-synced four times in one hour, I didn't exceed any other thresholds, the following day DLM intervened.

My theory is that maybe you re-synced too many times within an hour for FTTC's DLM.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2017, 10:26:18 PM »

A wild theory, though seems to relate to my experience recently when I was changing some settings on the ASUS too soon in an hour. I re-synced four times in one hour, I didn't exceed any other thresholds, the following day DLM intervened.

My theory is that maybe you re-synced too many times within an hour for FTTC's DLM.

You may be quite right. My understanding was that if you leave 30 minutes between resyncs then DLM won't get upset?

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2017, 02:57:51 AM »

Any reason for the cap that you know of?  Was it just on for a couple of days before it was removed automatically?
I should have been more specific. I set the cap, as despite being ILQ green  for nearly 9 weeks my lines been interleaved with no G.INP in sight. Capping my line from 40/8 down to 25/5 looks like it returned it to fastpath.

Though DLM removed interleaving at 2:30pm, right after a power cut affecting the entire county. It threw me as I've never had DLM take action so late, noon probably being the latest before this.

Despite remaining ILQ green, 2 days later interleaving was reapplied. I'd much rather have lower sync/lower latency. Seems DLM is determined to keep my line interleaved though.

I had the same trouble with interleaving not removing when I was connected to the ECI cab. Despite being ILQ green for over 6 months it wouldn't budge. After trying various caps over time I've noticed I need to cap the line low enough to get ES below roughly 20/day.

I've capped the line again and I'm hoping at some point this morning (or maybe early afternoon again) DLM will remove interleaving again.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2017, 07:58:32 PM »

It has been way to long now John for G.INP to become active, nothing has gone right since that move to the Huawei cabinet it does look as if your circuit is ignoring any attempts to move your line onto G.INP re-transmission

Lowering the sync rate will not do much other than getting you back to Fastpath quicker was this not the trick some of us used to get rid of interleaving/banding, if it doesn't not work I can only think of another way and thats a DLM reset/recalc by Openreach.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:55:21 PM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2017, 03:07:38 AM »

wow he is still waiting?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

anything