Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: fibre problem  (Read 1243 times)

eyeballpaul

• Just arrived
fibre problem
« on: June 14, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »

hi folks
 i need some help from some people that know what there talking about, i have talk talk fibre and its been running at 66mb down and 20mb up for 18 months but last monday it stopped, i checked internet and it was down so left it for a while, later tried again still nothing, i've tried all the usual, off and on, reset, test socket, 3 filters although i have a mk3 socket, dns flush, dns server change, winsock resetlog and its the same on 4 laptops, 2 desktops, 3 smart phones and a tablet, found out while trying to open every bookmark i have that bt wholesale speedtest and one other page would open, did several hundred speed tests over last few days and results are 0.01 mb down 18mb up, as you can imagine i've been on the phone to india for most of this time and they sent me a new router and still same problem, the fibre cabinet is about 100 yards from my house, anyone have any idea what this could be? probably going to need an engineer visit but would just like to now what it might be because i'm baffled
  thanks for any help

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: fibre problem
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:35:51 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum.  :)

If I understand correctly, the telephony service is operating correctly over the metallic pathway but the broadband connection, essentially, does not?

Have you noticed any noises when the telephone is in use? (Unfortunately we TalkTalk service users cannot make use of the standard quiet line test.) The should be no clicks, buzzes, plops or hisses noticeable. The circuit should appear to be electrically "live" but totally silent.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

eyeballpaul

• Just arrived
Re: fibre problem
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 06:35:48 PM »

yeah the phone line is fine, no noise or clicks, when i log into router all connection stats look as they should, they have done countless line test's that all came back fine, all devices work fine on other networks
      thanks