Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DSLstats pre-release version 5.9.4  (Read 8887 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats pre-release version 5.9.4
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 11:12:42 AM »

The line starting "Bearer: 0" is part of the main stats reported by the modem via its telnet interface. Those were the correct figures at the time. Presumably the other figures were those shown in the GUI? They were either out of date (hadn't caught up with the latest changes) or plain wrong.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 11:51:08 AM »

Thanks! I had never seen that happen before! Perhaps I wouldn't have but for the dropped connections I've been suffering with reduced SNRm targets, that used to hold, but no longer it seems.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 06:59:47 AM »

System crashed yesterday and in Windows Event Log is
Faulting application name: dslstats.exe, version: 5.9.4.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: dslstats.exe, version: 5.9.4.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000642ce
Faulting process id: 0x1cf8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2d9daaa78bf6c
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Go****\dslstats-5.9.4\dslstats.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Go****\dslstats-5.9.4\dslstats.exe
Report Id: 5a2da633-d53c-4d5c-93c8-30f89711faa2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

In case it may be of use and for info, I post it here. Comments?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 07:28:25 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, but unfortunately Windows crash reports don't have any meaning to me. All I can suggest is that you clean out all remnants of DSLstats again and then configure it in a much lighter fashion. You're accumulating a vast amount of data which is way beyond what is likely to be useful in any future diagnosis. It may be that you're exposing bugs in the program which only appear when it's pushed hard. To be practical about it, I don't have the energy to investigate possible bugs which I can't reproduce and which are quite obscure.

Sorry to be rather blunt about it.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 09:10:51 AM »

Quite understood! :)

If any Windows users have any comment, they have a chance to do that; don;t they?

Eric, what would you and others suggest I oust?

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 09:23:57 AM »

@renluop I use DSLStats on a small W7 machine and have never had a crash. I do monitor quite a large amount of stuff so probably push it quite hard. Crashses can be external to the program such as perhaps memory issues (possibly a failing memory stick) or even a dodgy HDD (less likely as once loaded the program is in memory). I guess it could be a memory leak but I'd expect others to see that unless your setup is very unique. Without knowing more about your setup is is difficult to comment.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »

Stuart, I doubt that, as my brain is too small! ;) had you any particular peculiarity in mind? Machine is a Dell refurb.

Speccy file is attached just for info.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 05:38:33 PM »

Nothing special in  mind. Have you had any other crashes in any other applications? Usually memory problems show up on different applications depending on the order they are started as they may get different memory locations. If I get unexplained crashes I run Memcheck86 which is a stand-alone memory test program bootable from a CD/DVD or memory stick. You dont need to understand anything about any errors if you get them, it should run error free and if not you have a problem in one of the memory cards (if you have more than one, looks like you may only have one). Then it needs replacing, if it runs error free then obviously its not that.

Might be better to take this discussion to a separate thread if it continues....

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 06:52:02 PM »

I wouldn't think it related, but sometimes getting a wireless connection is a !!!!!!!

As you say we'll leave it there on this thread.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 07:46:31 PM »

Hi renluop

Your wireless connection is pertinent to this issue and a few others

Using wireless, if there is a break in wifi, it can cause floating point issues etc in dslstats. 

I use wifi, and have seen a floating point issue after wifi had an issue

I have never reported this though, as the only advise I have seen for dslstats, is to use hardwire connection only, no wifi (guess that means wifi not supported due to issues wifi could give, which are not a result of dslstats)

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 10:45:47 PM »

and thereby hangs another problem!

Some say that Billion 8800NL can play up, if there are both an Ethernet cable between router and computer active and also wireless. Wireless connects printer, wife's IPad and bedside radio. I use HomePlugs between router and digbox.

Since getting rid of cable from router tocomputer things seem much better connection wise.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything