Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Email Client not loading  (Read 3549 times)

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
Email Client not loading
« on: May 08, 2017, 04:53:04 PM »

Can anyone help me?  Email client is not loading my emails, it appears to be trying, i.e.the little arrow is going round and round.

The last email I got was on 5th May, I searched the web for answers but just getting more confused, the Email Client forum aslo confusing.

Any help would be appreciated,

d2d4j

• Kitizen
Re: Email Client not loading
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 05:13:31 PM »

Hi peter

What is your email client your using

If outlook, try starting in safe mode

Are there any other issues your seeing on your pc

Many thanks

John

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 07:54:24 PM »

Hi John,

Sorry I should make myself clear, Em Client it he name of the email server.

eM Client | Best Email Client for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10
emclient.com/

Pete

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 07:59:19 PM »

I have no knowledge of this client and nowadays do not use Windows. However they do have their own forum https://forum.emclient.com/emclient where I suspect you may well have more luck in getting help.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 08:59:40 PM »

I've had some exposure to Em Client and I recall if the license expires (even the free licence has to be renewed) then it stops downloading mail. Perhaps that is the issue?
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 09:10:33 PM »

Vic's suggestion appeared while I was composing this.   It sounds good (better than mine!) but I'll post anyway....

I know nothing about emclient, or about modern versions of windows.   But as a general consideration, how long are you waiting before 'giving up' on the revolving arrow?

One thought is ghat might be trying to download a single very large item, such as an email with multiple photo attachments.   In that case, depending on your broadband speed, it could take upwards of a minute to tens of minutes.  After that large item is downloaded, normal responsivemess would resume.

Some clients perform housekeeping tasks from time to time, reorganising their databases and maybe compressing archived mail.  That can also take a while, depending on cpu and disk speed,  maybe a minute or so even up to tens of minutes.

In summary, I'd leave it to its own devices, spinning arrow, for at least an hour before giving up.

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 11:48:03 AM »

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't replied  earlier, I don't appear to be getting notifications.

To answer, the emails I'm trying to send are quite small.  I leave the em Client for many long minutes to send or receive.

I tried the Em Client forum and to be honest I wasted my time. So I downloaded Thunderbird which I had used before, this was fine at first quickly set up and sending and receiving ok, then suddenly it will receive sometimes but will not send, despite showing connected to my BT account.

So I may have to get my trusted IT Doctor in on this.

Thanks to all for your input.

Regards,

Peter