Computers & Hardware > Other Technologies & Hardware

EE Signal Booster

<< < (2/2)

tickmike:
Did you do a 'Search' of the forum ?.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,16825.msg309975.html#msg309975

On our iphones we can use WiFi calling to other WiFi enabled iphones instead of using your 'Data' just like a normal conversion , we also use 'FaceTime' video conferencing over WiFi to our Daughter with no problem even on our poor internet connection.

Tacitus:

--- Quote from: tickmike on May 07, 2017, 10:45:52 PM ---Did you do a 'Search' of the forum ?.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,16825.msg309975.html#msg309975

On our iphones we can use WiFi calling to other WiFi enabled iphones instead of using your 'Data' just like a normal conversion, we also use 'FaceTime' video conferencing over WiFi to our Daughter with no problem even on our poor internet connection.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the link - very informative.  I did a search but probably used the wrong terms so I didn't pick it up. 

Agreed you can ring them up and they'll do all sorts of checks.  However given that those in the shop didn't fill me with confidence, I was looking for a fall back position if it all went pear shaped.  A Booster Box off eBay looked as though it might offer that unless they kept a record of the IMEI linked to the original buyer and refused to register it.  What I really didn't want was to sign up to a 12 month contract which I then found was unsatisfactory.

It looks as though that won't be the case and WiFi calling should work fine so I'm going ahead with the move.

[EDIT]  Just to add that 4G at home doesn't bother me since a decent 3G signal should be OK for calls and occasional Facetime/Skype calling.

Chrysalis:
funny enough leics is one of best 5 cities in uk for coverage, even with powercut affecting 48k properties i still had weak 4g in bedroom

tickmike:
Re ' A Booster Box off eBay'   :no: EE will not set up the VPN link. !

iphone WiFi calling / Facetime works of any WiFi signal, it does not mater who is the ISP !.

Tacitus:

--- Quote from: tickmike on May 08, 2017, 02:39:12 PM ---Re ' A Booster Box off eBay'   :no: EE will not set up the VPN link. !

--- End quote ---

I'm hardly likely to tell them I bought it off eBay which is why I wondered if they kept a check on the IMEI and who they sold it to in the first place, regardless of whether it had been registered.  But yes there is a risk there.

--- Quote from: tickmike on May 08, 2017, 02:39:12 PM ---iphone WiFi calling / Facetime works of any WiFi signal, it does not mater who is the ISP !.

--- End quote ---

I appreciate that, my point was that 4G doesn't matter to me in a domestic situation.  If I was using a Booster Box the signal would go over 3G which would be sufficient for FaceTime etc.  No Booster and the signal should go over WiFi with no probs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version