Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FTTP - Question about roadworks  (Read 1333 times)

13Xs

FTTP - Question about roadworks
« on: May 03, 2017, 01:58:47 PM »

Hello folks,

Hyperoptic has agreed to service the two buildings in my new build development and I understand that the work for running fibre to the premises is contracted out to Openreach. I had a question about the work that will be involved.

The building that I don't live in faces directly on to a major road in central London and I know there is a utility corridor underneath the road, so presumably running the fibre to that building from the exchange will be absolutely no problem (Hyperoptic actually already serves other buildings on the same road).

My building is about 150m off the main road on a side street and Openreach has recently cleared the blockages under this street to run the traditional phone lines to my building. Will it be possible for Openreach to run the fibre under the street without digging it back up? I'm only interested because I would have thought that any requirement for extensive roadworks would cause quite a delay (if not make Hyperoptic reconsider their plan altogether - their map of this part of London suggests they almost exclusively service buildings fronting on the main roads).

Thanks!

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: FTTP - Question about roadworks
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 02:23:27 PM »

As long as there is space in the newly unblocked ducts Openreach should be fine to deploy the fibre in them without digging.

13Xs

Re: FTTP - Question about roadworks
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 03:28:36 PM »

Thanks, I'll hope for the best on that front.

anything