Internet > Interesting Websites

NukeMap

(1/2) > >>

NewtronStar:
This Website will put things into prospective. when you think back to Hiroshima atomic bomb little boy and fat boy they were small now test out the big ones at 50 to 100 megatons scary times.

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Ronski:
Yes very scary,  especially when you look at the size and depth of the crater, that's a lot of radioactive material thrown up into the air,  which will affect areas far bigger than the blast areas - potentially world wide.

Chrysalis:
nuclear tests before been banned I expect caused all sorts of pollution in the air.

Some were even detonated in the atmosphere for speculative reasons.

niemand:
Wow how did I miss this?

Nukes actually got considerably smaller. They are far more accurate now, so no need for such massive overkill, and it's far more efficient to use multiple smaller ones than a far larger massive burst.

The UK's deterrent has warheads that max out at about 100 kt.

Detonation in the air reduces fallout massively. Air bursts where the fireball doesn't touch the ground don't suck up a load of dust and ash from the ground, irradiate it, and send it up into the upper atmosphere. The largest explosion ever, Tsar Bomba, was an air burst.

If you feel like scaring yourself, and for those of us older reminiscing over being minutes from nuclear holocaust, maybe watch Threads or if you prefer a more US-centric view The Day After

Black Sheep:
If you really want to scare yourself, actually visit Nagasaki in person. One of the most humbling days of my life.  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version