Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: large swings in snr (eci), resyncs etc - advice sought please  (Read 10565 times)

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: large swings in snr (eci), resyncs etc - advice sought please
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2017, 01:06:48 PM »

Well another bunch of continued ses and us loss of snr. 5mb lost on DS sync as DLM stepped in..

Sky say I am now under the guaranteed speed and as this is another speed drop in the last 15 days they will now approve an engineer.....

Lets see what prevails this time...

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »

well could do with some advice please. After a this period of persistent SES and CRC's they have both stopped again. This seems to be a frequent event lately. I have an engineer for tuesday but is there any point proceeding with it if the fault/issue has temporarily cleared again? - I don't want the usual no fault found which has happened a number of times in the past...

given the past issues since early april just interested what you do in the same position? Stick with appointment and show the evidence gathered or cancel the appointment until the next time hoping it will be worse. Because the snr has risen again its given me the overhead back but I am tempted to leave it and see what happens rather than force it back up....

many thanks - help greatly appreciated...

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2017, 10:01:34 AM »

I really wish I could suggest something, but in a lot of respects your line shows several similarities to mine especially if you compare say over a 60 or 90 day period.    Its almost like there's an emerging HR fault that never fully materialises, but at other times it can at times look like REIN.

Like you I often get the SNRm oscillations.   Like you I can suddenly lose quite a lot of sync speed and it will fall below the BTw recommended speed.   
Like you I get the bursts of CRC/ErrSecs/SES that can last for several hours and will cause DLM to kick in.  Its been doing this on and off for over 9 months.

On the other hand its now in a period of stability and performing quite nicely despite being below the Target SNRM. 

All I can say is from observation sometimes it seems to correlate to a disturber line doing a resync, although it can happen after a remote resync.. or another trigger can be that everyday without fail I get a spike in CRCs which will usually happen between 10-11am. 
Performing a resync will quite often stop the errors dead in their tracks, but by the time I notice its usually too late and DLM takes action.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2017, 12:08:48 PM »

Thanks Kitz

How much sync have you lost do you think? I am 10mb plus from last november on the DS...

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2017, 03:39:49 PM »

One other item to add to the list of similarities is that both skyeci and kitz have G.993.2 metallic pathways that terminate on ECI Hi-FOCuS M41 Mini-Shelf MSANs.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »

Thanks Kitz

How much sync have you lost do you think? I am 10mb plus from last november on the DS...

Not quite sure....  from memory prior to this happening (Oct 2016)  my attainable was circa 84Mb.  The lowest Ive been is 67Mbps. 
My BTw estimate was 80 - 70.6 Mbps, so Ive fallen below it on several occasions.   I get the burst errors which look very similar to yours and then DLM takes action.   Then its fine for a while.   Last week there was some sort of remote sync and I came back up before my disturber which is why I'm now sat at 78Mbps, but usually its around 72Mbps.

One other item to add to the list of similarities is that both skyeci and kitz have G.993.2 metallic pathways that terminate on ECI Hi-FOCuS M41 Mini-Shelf MSANs.

Yup indeed and it is something Ive said before that there's a couple of us on MDWS that could be getting similar symptoms..  all on ECI's :(
Whatever it is, it started for me after what I presume was some downtime at the cab/exchange in about Oct last year.   Unlikely to be a crosstalker coming onboard at 4am causing an outage of about 20mins.  :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2017, 05:01:46 PM »

Yup I lost complete service the other week for 2 hours. Phone ok but no bb. Checked neighbour but seemed ok.

Last speed drop was 15 days or so. Considering the erratic behaviour of snr and errors it seens unlikely to be a cross talker but I am not sure I will ever find out..

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 02:58:34 PM »

engineer arrived yesterday 13/06/2107 and carried out tests - no fault found as a number of visits in the past have also found. I showed him the graphs from past events in april/may & june. He agreed something is obviously not right but said he can do nothing about it.

Sadly today  DLM lowering speed again by another 4mb on the DS,  removing my fastpath which I have had for many months and applying interleaving & delay to both up and down. I now hold the highest level of interleaving on mydslwebstats  :no:

Sky have issued deadlock and said I can leave penalty free if I wish - not that it will help as we know its the same bit of copper. They say due to the factors outside of their control they are unable to help any further.

looks like upstream was the cause of the issue today, dropping to 0db...

I wonder if G.INP should it finally come back to ECI will help this situation at all?

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:07:43 PM by skyeci »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2017, 04:46:23 PM »

My interleaving was over 1200 as well, I thought I had my DLM manually reset this morning following a conversation with an openreach bod, but turns out it was automated, so you could if line is stable be back to fast path in 2 days.

Of course with an ongoing fault it doesnt mean a lot. As you could just as easily be back to interleaving 2 days after.

You should have reported right when your sync was really low, a clear no brainer fault in such a situation.
not too happy with sky at the moment tho, as well as the weird congestion behaviour in the mornings, I now have these pings on fast path, it used to be 7-8ms.

C:\Windows\system32>ping -t -4 bbc.co.uk

Pinging bbc.co.uk [212.58.246.78] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 212.58.246.78: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=57
Reply from 212.58.246.78: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=57
Reply from 212.58.246.78: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=57

ipv6 is a bit lower but only 12ms.

tbb is a bit dodgy on single threaded ipv4 tests but ipv6 is flatlined max. I am wondering with so much of sky's traffic now going over ipv6 (think its more than half) they may have dialled back their ipv4 peering/transit capacity.

a single threaded ipv4 test of one of my servers is fine tho.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 05:08:31 PM by Chrysalis »

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2017, 04:57:02 PM »

My interleaving was over 1200 as well, I thought I had my DLM manually reset this morning following a conversation with an openreach bod, but turns out it was automated, so you could if line is stable be back to fast path in 2 days.

Of course with an ongoing fault it doesnt mean a lot. As you could just as easily be back to interleaving 2 days after.

You should have reported right when your sync was really low, a clear no brainer fault in such a situation.
not too happy with sky at the moment tho, as well as the weird congestion behaviour in the mornings, I now have these pings on fast path, it used to be 7-8ms.

ipv6 is a bit lower but only 12ms.

tbb is a bit dodgy on single threaded ipv4 tests but ipv6 is flatlined max.

a single threaded ipv4 test of one of my servers is fine tho.

I did report it when the sync was at 57mb but due to changes again in the snr the tests and engineer was all to late..

Seems I am stuck with it..
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 05:21:25 PM by skyeci »

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2018, 05:57:12 PM »

lol... after putting up with my eci cab causing all sorts of grief over the last couple of years and one neighbour in particular who knocks off 6mb on my attainable and sync everytime the modem is left on I took Sky's suggestion of moving seriously ! ;D .. providing all goes well I hope it will feel like winning the broadband lottery- new place has FTTP pre installed and ready to go..  :clap:
hopefully in around 6 weeks I can stop moaning about my eci cab forever more. I sure won't miss pcp31 and it's associated
  :shoot:  eci cab one bit!....

Pages: 1 2 [3]