Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: additional fttc cabinet query - plannning etc  (Read 2954 times)

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
additional fttc cabinet query - plannning etc
« on: May 01, 2017, 12:29:53 PM »

Hi,

Currently I am connected to an ECI cab, I found out recently that my cab is full and not taking orders. Checking on openreach website the status says openreach are working to increase capactiy..

Reading between the lines I see on codelook the following - I am on P31

Cabinet E_31     FTTC doing Field Survey, live due by December 2017     Phase 18b           Huawei      
Cabinet P31     FTTC Available from 23rd March 2012     Phase 06b 2011     263     ECI     

Perhaps I am clutching at straws but I wonder if we are now going to get a Huawei  cab alongside the existing ECI

I have had a search on the local council planning portal but can't see any info. Would openreach need to apply for planning for an additional cab? - any other way I can try and find out if this is related to our cab etc?

Any other advice appreciated

thanks
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:37:32 PM by skyeci »

c6em

• Reg Member
Re: additional fttc cabinet query - plannning etc
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 12:58:29 PM »

you are misreading it - because it is indeed not clear

Code look use a temporary code E-?? for a exchange direct line block of lines that are being re-routed to a new as yet unallocated cabinet number.
They have nothing to do with the existing P-?? cabinets of the same number.
When the new cabs get numbers allocated them the on codelook the E codes are replaced by the new P-?? numbers.
The above is how it progressed on my own exchange.

BTOR do not need planing permission in the sense we know it.
Provided it is on public land and NOT in a conservation area they do not need permission and simply send a statement of intent letter with plans to the council.
This may appear on the public planning lists, it may appear on a separate telecoms list (as my councils does it), or it may not appear at all depending on the council.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:07:00 PM by c6em »

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 01:14:22 PM »

ok thanks. Will see how things pan out. one things for sure, the eci is full so if there is no more room for cards etc then something will need to happen as the cab serves a lot of properties and no doubt ones waiting to get connected...

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 02:23:02 PM »

They may well decide to install another cabinet, a few have been done around here including my own, all second cab's have been Huawei.

I was looking to swap to the Huawei, but I've had no firm sign that it's live yet, and I've also found that we are getting a full fibre to the home roll out of Virgin Media, so at the moment I don't know which way I'm going to go. Full fibre sounds great, it's the VM bit I'm not so keen on, but may well give it a go.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 02:43:21 PM »

ok cheers. I suppose if it ever really does happen the best way to get off the eci is to wait for the huawei to be on line then place an order for a new line and service leaving the old line in place then cease the old one after the new one goes active..

thanks

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 03:12:08 PM »

Yes that was my plan, but my cab never showed a date it was going live, it was either accepting orders or showing a waiting list. John's (minted on MWDS) cabinet had a go live date and he successfully switched his line, but he's still on fast path and way over the limit for ES. Or you can switch back to ADSL and then back fibre, which is what John did.

Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 04:09:12 PM »

Code look use a temporary code E-?? for a exchange direct line block of lines that are being re-routed to a new as yet unallocated cabinet number.
They have nothing to do with the existing P-?? cabinets of the same number.
When the new cabs get numbers allocated them the on codelook the E codes are replaced by the new P-?? numbers.
The above is how it progressed on my own exchange.

On top of this, Codelook reports the addition of a second FTTC cabinet alongside an existing one in a completely different fashion.

Instead of getting a whole extra line (for a new PCP), the existing line gets an update in the "Fibre Status" column. The existing text gets augmented to become something like either
- "FTTC Available from 4th August 2012, expanded 16th March 2017", or
- "FTTC Available from 4th August 2012, being expanded by March 2018".

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 08:56:37 PM »

Slightly off topic but my cab is  now also showing fttpod being available. How do I find out more about this.  Its showing 330/30.

Many thanks.

lee111s

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 09:15:37 PM »

Slightly off topic but my cab is  now also showing fttpod being available. How do I find out more about this.  Its showing 330/30.

Many thanks.

Contact Fluidone/Fluidata.

Expect ~£3-4k construction costs and £300 per month rental for 3 years (around £17k for 3 years)

After that the product drops to standard FTTP pricing.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »

Thanks.. er will be giving that a miss then  ;D