Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?  (Read 114617 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?
« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2018, 08:12:07 PM »

My TBB graph seems to have improved vastly when I changed from Vivid 200 to Vivid 350, perhaps the modem updated the firmware to the version that masks the problem.

Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #361 on: May 09, 2018, 02:38:27 PM »

More the IP version.  ;)

Is it proper IPV6 or that weird tunnelled stuff I posted about a while back on here?

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #362 on: May 09, 2018, 02:53:31 PM »

My TBB graph seems to have improved vastly when I changed from Vivid 200 to Vivid 350, perhaps the modem updated the firmware to the version that masks the problem.

Correct. Firmware update.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #363 on: May 09, 2018, 08:46:36 PM »

Was just browsing roadworks.org for an unrelated thing when I noticed that Crow Hill roadworks for VM does not now show, Linden Avenue and Dalmaney Close show up but not Crow Hill now. Not at all for the next 12 months. Was showing for June if I remember correctly.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2018, 09:03:13 PM »

Yes it was June. That's what happened with ours, perhaps Zico or CLOKent can shed some light on what's happened.

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #365 on: May 09, 2018, 11:02:25 PM »

Permit is still in the works. Looks as if the provisional application was for dates in June but now looking at July with a possible road closure. The pinch point from Stone Road to Claire Court being the location in question where the works would likely require a closure for the safety of the workforce.

The permit is gone from Roadworks.org as it's currently not in a 'Granted' state. Once the permit is updated and granted it will re-appear.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #366 on: May 10, 2018, 06:13:06 AM »

Thanks Zico, I'll hazard a guess that it will be late July during school holidays, so less traffic.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #367 on: May 10, 2018, 08:14:21 AM »

Thanks Zico, I'll hazard a guess that it will be late July during school holidays, so less traffic.

Frankly in my view out of holiday time would have been much better as it is most busy here during the whole July/August holiday period, if I move my car I frequently cannot park again until late evening in Crow Hill. This timing cold not possibly be worse. Delaying till early September would be better if it cannot be brought forward.

If that's when it has to be then I just hope they avoid Folk Week because it is chaos round here and if they close the Albion Street in the evenings Crow Hill becomes the route down to the car park at the bottom of Nelson Place. Having said that it is very busy in Crow Hill all through the holidays because that's where everyone tries to park because either the car parks are full or folks wont pay the prices in the car parks, so any road closure needs very well signing well before Crow Hill in order to stop folks trying to get down this way.

Stuart

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #368 on: May 10, 2018, 08:51:54 AM »

It was a pure guess on my part, hopefully the permit department is aware of when's the best time and take you're feedback into account  :fingers:

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #369 on: May 10, 2018, 09:22:01 AM »

It was a pure guess on my part, hopefully the permit department is aware of when's the best time and take you're feedback into account  :fingers:

I think you overestimate their abilities, in the past they have made significant errors when arranging roadworks in Crow Hill.  ;)

Stuart

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #370 on: May 11, 2018, 03:16:38 AM »

Frankly in my view out of holiday time would have been much better as it is most busy here during the whole July/August holiday period, if I move my car I frequently cannot park again until late evening in Crow Hill. This timing cold not possibly be worse. Delaying till early September would be better if it cannot be brought forward.

If that's when it has to be then I just hope they avoid Folk Week because it is chaos round here and if they close the Albion Street in the evenings Crow Hill becomes the route down to the car park at the bottom of Nelson Place. Having said that it is very busy in Crow Hill all through the holidays because that's where everyone tries to park because either the car parks are full or folks wont pay the prices in the car parks, so any road closure needs very well signing well before Crow Hill in order to stop folks trying to get down this way.

Stuart

PM'd.

Ultimately a road closure is the last resort for traffic management.

Signage is covered here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/traffic-signs-manual
Chapters 8 covers road works signage.

Traffic management plans can be simple or complex but it's really down to the individual circumstances of a closure and location as to what may be required or requested. Once a closure is in progress, the relevant organisation/utility are then responsible for maintaining all signage during the works. Yes, signs can be missed out/moved/damaged/stolen or simply driven past and ignored no matter how many or where they have been located.

Right, I think I am off to bed now seeing as it's 3:16am  :o

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #371 on: May 11, 2018, 08:27:14 AM »

@Zico Thanks for the update and the PM.

Stuart

Yokomoko

• Just arrived
« Reply #372 on: May 30, 2018, 12:49:57 PM »

Our street got cabled in I think either February or March, but 'CableMyStreet' still says there are no plans to cable our area - Is this a concern? They were very prompt in cabling our street (I think 2 days, only a minor nuisance for a day).

If it isn't a concern, any ideas on how long it takes from 'Cabled' to allowing me to order? I'm getting antsy - I want it now!

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #373 on: May 30, 2018, 01:23:22 PM »

It's nothing to worry about, our was showing that until the day I could order. Our street was cabled in October,  order placed 5 April.

No idea why you are not live yet, perhaps CLOKent could shed some light on it.

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #374 on: May 30, 2018, 07:14:19 PM »

I believe that VM need to get certain areas cabled before they can then light them up. It's likely that other areas are needed to be completed before everything can be switched on.

As Ronski has mentioned, CLOKent is from VM so may have a better idea where they are in the process for your street.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30