Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?  (Read 112970 times)

supernoodles

Re: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?
« Reply #255 on: April 03, 2018, 04:03:02 PM »

Well still not any closer to getting my issue resolved atm ive had to put an email through to east kent housing for a wayleave agreement god knows if they will ever get back to me hopefully they do :|

Honestly the woman on the other end of the phone didn't have a clue what a wayleave agreement was and just said virigin could install what they want but of course virgin need it in writing also for legal reasons

Hopefully CLOKent can help if they can't figure out what i need or decide to be awkward about it.

hornet156

« Reply #256 on: April 03, 2018, 07:42:05 PM »

here you go i wish i had seen b4 they had finished i would have had them put it right over to right hand side by the downpipe

ignore the black cables there the sky ones they will be going once the virgin is set up

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #257 on: April 03, 2018, 10:13:59 PM »

If you wished to disguise/hide it, could you not get some patterned sticker/wrap to place over it?

If it's really bothering you then do you want to swap house :D  :lol:

supernoodles

« Reply #258 on: April 03, 2018, 10:33:25 PM »

If it's really bothering you then do you want to swap house :D  :lol:

I'll gladly let him move into my flat where its becoming a nightmare to get cabled :P

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #259 on: April 04, 2018, 12:04:59 AM »

If you wished to disguise/hide it, could you not get some patterned sticker/wrap to place over it?

I'm sure BS could supply you with some nice OpenReach stickers to put over it!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #260 on: April 04, 2018, 12:43:24 AM »

:thumbs:

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #261 on: April 04, 2018, 06:13:53 AM »

Thanks Hornet, luckily it won't be seen on my house. The vinyl wrap would be a good way to disguise it.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2018, 10:32:59 AM »

I've a dialogue open with some senior people in VM regarding the issues here since the area was made live.

Hopefully help ensure they aren't repeated.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #263 on: April 04, 2018, 12:35:33 PM »

Bitter experience. Eyes have been opened to the absurd reality of how disconnected the budget for Lightning and the operational budget are - see my BQM in the thread for that, or this:

350 has never been available here, even to businesses.

is that new ASA guideline still planned? which I thought was changing VMs approach to capacity?

benji09

• Reg Member
« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2018, 10:11:23 PM »

hornet156, I have had Virgin broadband at my home, which I won't comment on, but the Virgin wiring and box I have still left in place in case I ever did wanted to go back to them - unlikely. When I originally ordered the Virgin broadband a few years ago, I installed my own duct ( water pipe ) in the garden that went to a dummy drain installed in the path going in front of my house, and insisted at the time of the order that Virgin used my duct when the line was being installed. As a result of my forward planning, no digging was required on the installation day, and I was not left with wires going across the surface of my new path. I would suggest in your case that you leave the previous phone line wiring in place, as in future if you did want to move from Virgin, the installation work for the new provider would be easy for you. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:26:48 PM by benji09 »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #265 on: April 05, 2018, 07:36:29 PM »

Well the deed is done, got a couple of phone calls from VM tonight, come the 28 April I'm moving to the dark side ( :P :P :P) on 350/20. They did have earlier install dates but that suites me better.

Thanks to Hornet156 I also made sure that they were fully aware that I need to be here when they do the external install, so they are supposed to ring me to arrange that. Just as a heads up for anyone else they book an install date (Tuesday to Saturdays), but what they don't explain is that there is actually an external install and an internal install, the date they book is for the internal install, as Hornet156 found out they just turn up whenever to do the external install, which is really not on as I expect a lot of people want the cable to come in a specific place, or routed around their garden a certain way.

Virgin does a refer a friend deal, where each person gets £50 off their bill. So if anyone is interested I'll donate half to Kitz once it comes off my bill.

After the 28 it will be good bye substandard ECI and hello.......................... :fingers: :fingers: :fingers:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #266 on: April 05, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »

Good luck Ronski  :fingers:

Virgin does a refer a friend deal, where each person gets £50 off their bill. So if anyone is interested I'll donate half to Kitz once it comes off my bill.
Thank you, that is very kind of you to offer :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #267 on: April 05, 2018, 08:06:03 PM »

Thanks Kitz, hopefully they won't live up to their reputation and everything will go smoothly and work as it should.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #268 on: April 05, 2018, 08:16:20 PM »

Thanks Kitz, hopefully they won't live up to their reputation and everything will go smoothly and work as it should.

Noooooo, don't leave us just yet, it's too soon ... I haven't prepared a speech or anything !!  :'( :'(

What if .... pssst ..... I was to offer you a free bucket of G.INP and your own personal Vector Card, would you please consider staying ??

I can almost hear you swearing at me from here  ;) ;D.

Good luck with VM ... and I suppose shortly after the 28th, apart from the fully expected speedtest screen-shots for a couple of weeks, we won't be hearing from you again as you will have found utopia.

It's been a pleasure.  :)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #269 on: April 05, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »

Noooooo, don't leave us just yet, it's too soon ... I haven't prepared a speech or anything !!  :'( :'(

LOL  :lol: :lol: :lol:

What if .... pssst ..... I was to offer you a free bucket of G.INP and your own personal Vector Card, would you please consider staying ??

I can almost hear you swearing at me from here  ;) ;D.

If you added some 0.9mm copper all the way back to the cabinet as well then I'd stay, even some 0.5mm copper would probably suffice, oh and you'd have to give everyone on the cabinet vectoring to make it worthwhile - there is a Huawei cab to give you a head start, you've got 14 days  ;D

Good luck with VM ... and I suppose shortly after the 28th, apart from the fully expected speedtest screen-shots for a couple of weeks, we won't be hearing from you again as you will have found utopia.

It's been a pleasure.  :)

Thanks, I'll still be around, if just to post the screen-shots, best make sure I've got some of my current FTTC screen-shots for comparison  :P

Here's one for good measure

Current sync speeds are 42/7.4Mbps come the 28 it should be around 380/22, might even manage 422/51  ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:59:05 PM by Ronski »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

anything