Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?  (Read 113818 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2018, 06:07:41 AM »

That's good to hear :fingers:
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2018, 10:39:19 AM »

Yes. I have no idea what was up but it was transitive and resolved rapidly.

I also can't be bothered with trying to find out. As long as it behaves itself it can stay.

Glares aggressively at Shitron router.

SlimJ

« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2018, 04:01:18 PM »

Hi all, normally post on Thinkbroadband forums, and not here.

We've just had the 200mb service installed at our office in Westgate on Sea.  Not had a chance to test it just yet though!  But thought this may be useful for other people in the area... once I've had some time to test I'll post some results.

I personally live near Monkton, so hoping the service will be run through this village in the near future (fingers crossed!)

supernoodles

« Reply #213 on: March 28, 2018, 04:30:18 PM »

Think something must have broke on the VM postcode checker when i put my postcode in it no longer shows my house number it was showing 113 to 135 now its showing 113 to 159 lol (Our postcode is different because we are in the flats) also if i check for example number 27 in my road it says they can order but if i chose "Can't find your address?" and choose 27 again it says not available in my area lol

It also shows that some houses in the road can order that have different postcodes to me

Been checking the surrounding roads and apparently Pysons road / Greenfield road can order now it says "part serviceable lightning" up to 200Mb

Rumfields road is showing able to order now also "part serviceable lightning" up to 200Mb

Curious how it works if we can only order 200Mb and then they bump it up to 300/350?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:18:47 PM by supernoodles »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2018, 05:39:15 PM »

Sill showing not available to me :-(

@SlimJ will be interested hear how you get on. Did you have the option of 350?

@Supernoodles, perhaps they are just slow updating the database for the checker, perhaps give online chat a go.

supernoodles

« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2018, 05:45:32 PM »

@Supernoodles, perhaps they are just slow updating the database for the checker, perhaps give online chat a go.

Spoke to someone on the online chat earlier today and sadly they seem kinda clueless basically just asked me to fill out the cable my street form despite me telling them it went live yesterday lol

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2018, 09:00:12 PM »

Curious how it works if we can only order 200Mb and then they bump it up to 300/350?

Just checked a property on Rumfields Rd and it shows "Part Servicable up to 200Mb", but underneath it shows all packages available right up to Vivid 350. I did notice that phone is not available, so thats probably what the "Part servicable" refers to.

It seems half the Wimpy estate is live, but not the half I'm in.

supernoodles

« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2018, 09:26:12 PM »

Just checked a property on Rumfields Rd and it shows "Part Servicable up to 200Mb", but underneath it shows all packages available right up to Vivid 350. I did notice that phone is not available, so thats probably what the "Part servicable" refers to.

It seems half the Wimpy estate is live, but not the half I'm in.

interesting when i checked it only showed me packages supporting up to 200Mb.

kinda hitting a brick wall in terms of the postcode checker just called their sales team and they can't seem to tell me why half of my road can order, but i can't and they can't tell me why my address is missing from the checker then decided to spout some nonsense to me about my address still being in the "planning" stage and that the service will be live within 3 to 18 months time despite the fact the engineer told me yesterday it was live I assume the call centre staff just don't have the correct information or something.

supernoodles

« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2018, 10:49:21 AM »

postcode checker appears to have been corrected it's now showing my house number again this morning still can't order sadly

Also I'm seeing that you can order 350 despite it saying 200 available now my page must have been cached yesterday
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 10:53:19 AM by supernoodles »

hornet156

« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2018, 12:32:34 PM »

i can order today  :) :) :)

supernoodles

« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2018, 12:49:24 PM »

lucky for some :p I gotta try and look out for an engineer and find out why the other side of my road can order but my side can't lol

are you planning to order by phone or online? curious about the 350 package despite the website saying max atm is 200 that's all

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2018, 01:25:27 PM »

So can I  ;D

Still only says up to 200Mb  at the top in the green bit, but it shows  the Vivid 350 package below as available.  I think they just haven't updated the website code to reflect that 350 is available in some areas.

hornet156

« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2018, 01:39:00 PM »

I'm still not sure what to go for  ive been looking the 200 is good for me but they want £50 a month for the vivid 200  my mate in garlinge has it he only pays £44 hes been connected a week so I mite give them a call see if I can get it the same price

supernoodles

« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2018, 02:02:15 PM »

well now every house in Clements road can order just not the flats which I'm in :(

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #224 on: March 29, 2018, 02:30:58 PM »

well now every house in Clements road can order just not the flats which I'm in :(

If you live in a flat they probably need permission from the freeholder to connect into the block.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

anything