Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?  (Read 113752 times)

Zico

• Reg Member
Re: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2018, 06:17:12 PM »

Interestingly on the DSL Checker site it shows im on Cab 18 and that FTTP on Demand is Available

Welcome Supernoodles.

Further to Ronski's post, the DSL checker is only for services that are provided over the Openreach network so you won't be able to get any details of Virgin's network update.

It probably won't be long before your area is enabled as Virgin want to get sectors lit up and running asap to get the return on investment.

supernoodles

« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »

Thanks for the replies that actually makes sense dunno why it didnt occur to me before lol

I'm hoping it wont be much longer sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to order can't even watch a stream or youtube video while the Mrs updates her ps4 games lol

DrDaveDeath

• Just arrived
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2018, 08:03:57 AM »

Been watching this thread for quite a while... My cabinet is 27 (Lister Road near the hospital) and have been waiting for any Virgin roadworks, but haven't seen any! Anyone got any idea if this cabinet is even planned?!

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2018, 09:33:36 AM »

I watch out on https://v6.roadworks.org/ for roadworks which show up as being for Virgin Media, you may need to change the time period to 12 months for a longer view.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2018, 10:20:53 AM »

Welcome to the forums DrDaveDeath,

VM are doing pretty much all of Thanet, see this post for more detail. So I should think its only a matter of time.

By the way it's not based on cabinet areas, although they will probably have taken into account what other services are available in the area.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

DrDaveDeath

• Just arrived
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2018, 10:46:45 AM »

Yeah we can get BT Infinity 2 here, but I just want to ditch BT. I'll keep an eye out  :fingers:

supernoodles

« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2018, 12:23:51 PM »

Noticed some new work has popped up on roadworks.org in Martins Close the next road over from me it says "To complete interim to perm work." not sure what that means.

Also along pysons road there's "To complete remedial work." and in a few other roads that were already done there are more "To complete interim to perm work" if anyone know's what that mean's

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2018, 01:45:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure that it just means finishing off a temporary surface finish to a permanent finish. I've often seen those notices when OR has been doing work.

PS seems to be taking ages to go live, considering the my main hub cabinet was installed late January.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:47:56 PM by Ronski »

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2018, 03:31:49 PM »

Noticed some new work has popped up on roadworks.org in Martins Close the next road over from me it says "To complete interim to perm work." not sure what that means.

Also along pysons road there's "To complete remedial work." and in a few other roads that were already done there are more "To complete interim to perm work" if anyone know's what that mean's

I can confirm that 'interim to perm' is where a temporary reinstatement is made to a permanent finish. Remedial work is where a defect has been identified with the permanent reinstatement (either by Virgin or the highway authority) and this is made good.

Irrespective of the interim to perm or remedial civils work, if the fibre is in place and the cabinets sited, I would imagine that the Virgin network guys are working away in the background to get areas lit up as fast as they can.

Westie

• Kitizen
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2018, 04:20:43 PM »

I can confirm that 'interim to perm' is where a temporary reinstatement is made to a permanent finish.

Are you sure it isn't where a permanent reinstatement is made to a temporary finish?  ;)

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2018, 04:56:45 PM »

In some cases a utility can reinstate worse that temp :D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2018, 05:32:45 PM »

Yes I've seen some very poor re-instatement by utilities and in fact contractors working for Kent Highways.

On a different note I am yet to see any roadworks scheduled this year for Crow Hill, they've worked round the Chessboard area and other roads including Stone Gardens and Stone Road including Thanet Close I believe but nothing yet for Crow Hill.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

supernoodles

« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2018, 01:26:52 PM »

Woke up this morning to the sound of virgin (NPS) doing something outside my flat went onto roadworks.org and it says Description: To clear 2 x blockages - customer service not sure what they mean by that and apparently they are on pysons for another blockage it says "customer out of service" which doesn't make much sense since you cant even order on pysons road yet

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2018, 03:51:18 PM »

I saw that and thought it odd, I think they may get a permit quicker by stating customer out of service, so perhaps they are bending the rules a bit to speed things up.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2018, 04:23:58 PM »

We'll be teleporting, before you guys get VM !!!  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30