Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30

Author Topic: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?  (Read 113823 times)

Zico

• Reg Member
Re: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2017, 02:17:58 AM »

Hi John.

Virgin are pretty much covering the whole of Thanet and are currently working on the A254 Margate Road. There are permits in for works on the western side of the A254 and you can keep tabs on this by keeping an eye on www.roadworks.org

CLOKent should be able to provide you some assistance as he/she is involved with the Virgin Media liaison.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2017, 08:08:26 AM »

Hi John2005, welcome to the forums, nice to see another local on here.

Are you sure Clements Road has not been cabled* yet, they've done Pysons Road, Greenfield and neighbouring roads. Have a look in the pavement for recent works specifically the VM Toby covers outside/between each house.

As Zico stated they are pretty much doing all of Thanet,  for further info read this post.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,19668.msg356144.html#msg356144

*They are installing fibre not cables, so they've put in the tube's but not necessarily yet installed the fibres.

PS keep an eye on Roadworks.org and change the date period from today.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2017, 12:59:17 PM »

It appears that VM have already been down part of Clements Road already (From 161 to Margate Road.) and are planning to finish off the other section at a later date (From o/s 26 all the way round to junction of Margate Road.).
Keep an eye out on Roadworks.org for the new permit from VM for the remaining works.

hornet156

« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »

hi all do we have any go live dates yet for Broadstairs
cheers

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2017, 07:00:46 PM »

No not yet, there still seems to be a lot of work to do, the main cabinets haven't been installed yet - they still have temporary yellow tops on the prepared bases. I reckon another couple of months at least.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2017, 08:49:19 AM »

It's gone live in parts of Garlinge/Westbrook.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4575509-re-virgin-media-fttp-coming-to-thanet.html

Wonder how long for my area, Wimpy estate near St Georges School? I'll have to take a look and see if our main cabinet has been installed, haven't seen any fibre being installed either.

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2017, 12:43:50 PM »

As per my post on TBB, the roadworks started in May so it's a gradual process to switch on those sectors which have been cabled. Long way to go yet to complete the planned cover of Thanet.

hornet156

« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2017, 02:38:25 PM »

It's gone live in parts of Garlinge/Westbrook.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4575509-re-virgin-media-fttp-coming-to-thanet.html

Wonder how long for my area, Wimpy estate near St Georges School? I'll have to take a look and see if our main cabinet has been installed, haven't seen any fibre being installed either.

im wondering also i was told when i spoke to virgin at westwood that the wimpy area would be around end of feb beginning of march

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2017, 11:18:48 PM »

All this digging and roadworks traffic congestion over the last 2 months Virgin Media has missed my location by 1.1 Km all the work seemed to stop when it came close to our semi rural village, so VM only covers densely populated areas  :(

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2017, 06:39:53 PM »

Virgin are far from finished in Thanet. The works started in May and they have a lot more areas to cover.

CLO's post here states a few locations that aren't on the current rollout but that's not to say they will never be included if enough interest is registered for the service (cable my street).
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,19668.msg356144.html#msg356144

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2017, 06:59:09 PM »

I think I had better comment here, before confusion occurs.

N*Star's village is in Northern Ireland and not on the Isle of Thanet, Kent, England.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2017, 07:55:48 PM »

No point in making another thread VM coming to Bangor N.I which it has as shown on the Map outlined in red and my village marked by the blue X, was wondering if Zico had any info whether VM plan to install this in my area and have placed a interest on their Web Site.

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2017, 10:03:29 PM »

I think I had better comment here, before confusion occurs.

N*Star's village is in Northern Ireland and not on the Isle of Thanet, Kent, England.  :)

Yes, sorry, I've just realised that after going back in the thread :doh:.

No point in making another thread VM coming to Bangor N.I which it has as shown on the Map outlined in red and my village marked by the blue X, was wondering if Zico had any info whether VM plan to install this in my area and have placed a interest on their Web Site.

Sorry NewtronStar, I don't work for Virgin Media so have no idea of the rollouts outside of Kent. I only know certain information in Kent due to my employment elsewhere.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2017, 11:18:05 PM »

Sorry NewtronStar, I don't work for Virgin Media so have no idea of the rollouts outside of Kent. I only know certain information in Kent due to my employment elsewhere.

No worries Zico any info is welcome it's a bit like me asking BlackSheep to map out my D-SIDE he is not privy to this info, I know my D-SIDE very well 1KM with 10 footpath joints each one nearly 100 meters apart to PCP cabinet.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »

NS drop CLOKent a PM,  he/she does work for VM so may well be able to find out.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30

anything