Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?  (Read 112972 times)

Zico

• Reg Member
Re: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?
« Reply #240 on: March 29, 2018, 10:53:09 PM »

I reckon that give it a few weeks after you've all been installed, Black Sheep will be roaming around Thanet with a jack hammer chopping through the fibre cables  >:D  :lol:

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2018, 10:55:19 PM »

I was going to say that BS will have this pleasure to come in the future but thinking about it he will probably be at least 250 years old before BT do FTTP for everyone  ;)  :lol:

Stuart

Ironically enough, one of my colleagues who's been dealing with the VM works recently moved into a new house in December that is served by Openreach FTTP so he was happy.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #242 on: March 30, 2018, 07:30:39 AM »

I'd much rather have FTTP,  but alas I can't and I also will probably be 250 years old by the time BTor roll it out here. My only option for a package with a decent upload is to go with VM.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #243 on: March 30, 2018, 09:15:34 AM »

Ha ha ........ enjoying the banter, guys. I was expecting a bigger bite from Stuart and Ron .... but the BH weekend must have a calming effect on them.

I'll succeed though ..... another time.  ;) ;D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #244 on: March 30, 2018, 10:10:51 AM »

Ha ha ........ enjoying the banter, guys. I was expecting a bigger bite from Stuart and Ron .... but the BH weekend must have a calming effect on them.

:lol:

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #245 on: March 30, 2018, 11:41:27 AM »

I reckon that give it a few weeks after you've all been installed, Black Sheep will be roaming around Thanet with a jack hammer chopping through the fibre cables  >:D  :lol:

More likely to be raiding the chambers and cabinets to scavenge kit and try and save a few quid on Openreach's own FTTP deployments such as they are.

Every little helps.

supernoodles

« Reply #246 on: March 30, 2018, 04:21:20 PM »

Hi All,

Have tried to read through as much as possible they released quite a bit yesterday but had a couple of last minute issues which are all sorted and released now - please check again!

If you have any concerns/questions please get in touch - I am obviously off for 4 days  :cool: but in relation to flats we have to pre-wire the properties before you can order - yes we do have to have an agreement with the freeholder or ALL leaseholders. East Kent Housing I *think* we have an agreement with but they need to sign off on the route internally before you can order. I can ask internally about east kent housing and how we can go about getting this serviced for you.

BT probably didn't need permission from you but went straight to EKH (which generally we would do but its another team) :)

Thanks and have a fantastic easter!

CLOKent

Also in terms of "pre-wiring" would that mean every flat in the block would need to be wired just so i can order or would there be an occasion where literally just i would get cabled? the small black flap things are right outside my window about 3 meters away and there are four lots of two total for my block i assume only two because you do not supply above the first floor because of health and safety as ive been told?

But as an example ive made a picture

red = cables laid
grey = cabinet
back = small flaps
orange = my flat
blue = an example of how easy it is to cable me

https://i.imgur.com/GfoX7R0.png

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #247 on: March 30, 2018, 05:44:30 PM »

Won't that cause problems if they have installed the cable in through the rear windscreen of the blue VW?  :silly:
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Westie

• Kitizen
« Reply #248 on: March 30, 2018, 09:55:22 PM »

Only when the rear wiper is turned on. :D

supernoodles

« Reply #249 on: March 30, 2018, 11:58:02 PM »

Only when the rear wiper is turned on. :D
Won't that cause problems if they have installed the cable in through the rear windscreen of the blue VW?  :silly:

:D

I also noticed that none of the other flats in the road have the small black flap things  :hmm:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 03:51:56 PM by supernoodles »

CharTang

• Just arrived
    • YouTube
« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2018, 12:44:34 AM »

Well for the first time today the postcode checker came up with a totally different page to normal, just said "we're pretty sure we can provide your perfect media package we just need some more info" then had to fill out a short form and at the end said I'll be contacted within 5 working days, hopefully I can order then too :-D
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #251 on: April 02, 2018, 01:05:45 PM »

Ha ha ........ enjoying the banter, guys.

Nice to see it is just banter and no need for me to use this  :troll: .  Oops I just did  :D

Had to laugh at the rear wiper comment on the VW  :lol:

@Ignition - Glad you got yours sorted and its now usable again :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #252 on: April 02, 2018, 03:17:51 PM »

I've been away over the weekend, had half expected some VM blurb through the letter box over the weekend, but we didn't get any.

PS Surely BS wouldn't be trolling the VM thread would he  :lol:

hornet156

« Reply #253 on: April 03, 2018, 03:21:57 PM »

well 2 guys turned up this morning to run the cable from the street to my house I would suggest if you are going to get this installed I would find out when they are coming to do it so you can direct them to where you would like the box fixed to your house they fitted mine b4 i realized how ugly the box is if they hadn't already put the block paving back I would have had them move it but its done now

I don't think the wife will be happy when she gets in as its right in the middle of the front of my house

also, they broke a few of the block paving but I've just taken it back up and laid new ones 

if you want your cable run a certain way I would suggest your phone to find out when they are coming as they just showed up today without any notice

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #254 on: April 03, 2018, 03:54:21 PM »

Thanks for the heads up, I'll need  to be home when they do mine or they will make a right mess of it I expect. I've not ordered yet,  good job as I can't get time off from work for a couple of weeks.

Could you post a photo, so I can see what the box looks like?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

anything