Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?  (Read 112954 times)

supernoodles

Re: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2018, 02:35:03 PM »

If you live in a flat they probably need permission from the freeholder to connect into the block.
Stuart

well the small black flaps are down outside and the building is east kent housing never needed permission for bt to drill any holes or anything and there's even a grey cabinet right outside =/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 02:41:55 PM by supernoodles »

CLOKent

• Just arrived
« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2018, 02:56:23 PM »

Hi All,

Have tried to read through as much as possible they released quite a bit yesterday but had a couple of last minute issues which are all sorted and released now - please check again!

If you have any concerns/questions please get in touch - I am obviously off for 4 days  :cool: but in relation to flats we have to pre-wire the properties before you can order - yes we do have to have an agreement with the freeholder or ALL leaseholders. East Kent Housing I *think* we have an agreement with but they need to sign off on the route internally before you can order. I can ask internally about east kent housing and how we can go about getting this serviced for you.

BT probably didn't need permission from you but went straight to EKH (which generally we would do but its another team) :)

Thanks and have a fantastic easter!

CLOKent

supernoodles

« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2018, 03:09:38 PM »

Hi All,

Have tried to read through as much as possible they released quite a bit yesterday but had a couple of last minute issues which are all sorted and released now - please check again!

If you have any concerns/questions please get in touch - I am obviously off for 4 days  :cool: but in relation to flats we have to pre-wire the properties before you can order - yes we do have to have an agreement with the freeholder or ALL leaseholders. East Kent Housing I *think* we have an agreement with but they need to sign off on the route internally before you can order. I can ask internally about east kent housing and how we can go about getting this serviced for you.

BT probably didn't need permission from you but went straight to EKH (which generally we would do but its another team) :)

Thanks and have a fantastic easter!

CLOKent

It would be great if you could find out for me as I'm very excited to get ordering if you need any information from me I'll happily provide it to you via pm or if there's a number I can call I'll gladly take it.

hopefully the process isn't too long winded seeing as my Plusnet contract ends soon
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 04:04:54 PM by supernoodles »

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2018, 05:50:40 PM »

One thing I am intrigued about is how the contractors decide where to place the connector in the road outside each property. When they do my road in June it will be quite important to get this in the right place. There are a couple of issues, firstly we only have a gate and narrow path accessing our house but it also is concreted and beneath it runs the foul sewer, water supply pipes and the mains cabling as well, secondly our garden level is about 4 feet above the path level and we have a 5+ foot wall along our entire frontage apart form the gate & path. The final issue is getting into our house if we decide to sign up as our property is surrounded by concrete paths across the front and up both sides. The only way I see for getting a connection across our garden and to the house is to come up inside our garden wall and run along the wall which separates us from our neighbour, then over the side gate to get to the house exterior wall and run it along the wall and through at the correct place `to terminate inside. All of this means that to minimise their cable run the connector in the path needs to be at the complete other side of our property from the gate access.

Hence my interest in how they decide where to put these things.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

hornet156

« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2018, 08:01:51 PM »

I am wondering how they're going to connect me as my drive is all concreated to the house will they have to dig up my drive ?? I suppose I'll find out on the 12th when they turn up to connect me

o yer I ordered the vivid 200  with install date as the 12th April

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #230 on: March 29, 2018, 08:03:28 PM »

@Broadstairs.

I also required my Toby to be in the correct place, otherwise I would have had to get the cable under our front path. At some point somebody comes round and marks where the toby's will be installed, now from my observations if the houses are semi's or terraced then there is one toby per two properties usually placed at the dividing line. If it's a detached property they appear to get their own toby. I presume VM decide what goes where, at least thats what the installation contractors told us.

I was lucky my wife was home when they installed ours, she asked the contractor to put it where I wanted and he dually obliged  :)

@hornet156, are they coming round beforehand or just going to turn up and decide then?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #231 on: March 29, 2018, 08:15:10 PM »

Not off to good start here, they just told me via online chat that it's not available and I should register my interest  :no: :lol:

supernoodles

« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2018, 08:57:31 PM »

Not off to good start here, they just told me via online chat that it's not available and I should register my interest  :no: :lol:

atleast you don't live in a flat lol it's gonna be a headache to get it up and running for me gave a number a call I found on a vm page about the wayleave agreement got them hopefully calling me back after the bank holiday but god knows how long the process is gonna be meanwhile I have to sit and watch neighbours get connected  :'(

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #233 on: March 29, 2018, 09:07:39 PM »

Yes that is annoying, hopefully they'll be able to sort it out quickly - perhaps CLOkent can help there.

I did have another chat session, they tried to tell me that Vivid 350 was not available even though the website says it is, also they wouldn't budge on price  :no: so I'll leave it for a while.

supernoodles

« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2018, 09:30:26 PM »

Yes that is annoying, hopefully they'll be able to sort it out quickly - perhaps CLOkent can help there.

I did have another chat session, they tried to tell me that Vivid 350 was not available even though the website says it is, also they wouldn't budge on price  :no: so I'll leave it for a while.

yeah hopefully someone can get it moving for me also seems odd the website would allow you to potentially order 350 if it's not supported maybe an oversight on their end.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #235 on: March 29, 2018, 09:53:54 PM »

My good God ..... this thread should be aired on TV every Mon, Wed and Fri at 1930.

Surely, it can't be long before one of you gets murdered by Pat ??!! I can't take it anymore ...  ::) :wall: :wall:

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2018, 10:04:12 PM »

They usually carpet bomb newly activated areas with sales reps right after they go live. They are more likely to have some kind of offer.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #237 on: March 29, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »

BS Stop watching East Ender's then  :P :P :P

@john I'm sure they will.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #238 on: March 29, 2018, 10:37:06 PM »

I was going to say that BS will have this pleasure to come in the future but thinking about it he will probably be at least 250 years old before BT do FTTP for everyone  ;)  :lol:

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

hornet156

« Reply #239 on: March 29, 2018, 10:43:04 PM »

@Broadstairs. I think they're

I also required my Toby to be in the correct place, otherwise I would have had to get the cable under our front path. At some point somebody comes round and marks where the toby's will be installed, now from my observations if the houses are semi's or terraced then there is one toby per two properties usually placed at the dividing line. If it's a detached property they appear to get their own toby. I presume VM decide what goes where, at least that's what the installation contractors told us.

I was lucky my wife was home when they installed ours, she asked the contractor to put it where I wanted and he dually obliged  :)

@hornet156, are they coming round beforehand or just going to turn up and decide then?

just turning up on the 12th to setup so I'm not sure if they do it there and then or will have to come back I mite give them a ring after the bank holiday just to clarify
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

anything