Broadband Related > ISPs

Virgin Media coming to Thanet?

(1/89) > >>

Ronski:
Noticed quite a few of these scheduled around Thanet over the next few months on Roadworks.org

--- Quote ---    Installation of Virgin Media Powered Hub Cabinets 1 x 1700mm(H) x 1800mm(W) x 650mm(D) and 1 x 985mm(H) x 535mm(W) x 330mm(D).
--- End quote ---

Locations are:

* On verge side of 17 Pysons Road, Broadstairs CT12 6TR 6 Jul - 17 Jul
* On footway opp 48-50 Northdown Road, Maragate CT9 2RN. 5 Jun - 14 Jun
* On verge opp 14 George V Avenue, Margate CT9 5PX. 5 Jun - 14 Jun
* On verge O/S 6 Park Road, Birchington CT7 0AE 5 Jun - 14 Jun
* On verge side of 2 Cross Road, Birchington CT7 9HN 5 Jun - 14 Jun
* On footway outside Arlington Square, Marine Terrace, Margate CT9 1XN.22 Jun - 3 Jul
* On footway side of Kent fire and Rescue service, Canterbury Road Westgate, CT8 8NF. 22 Jun - 3 Jul
* On verge opposite KFC, Westwood Road, Broadstairs CT10 2LJ. 22 Jun - 3 Jul
Is this the start of VM's local roll out to Broadstairs, Ramsgate & Margate?

Edited to add more locations

NewtronStar:
Was VM given a slap on the jaw by over estimating there roll out a few weeks ago even here the rumors of VM being scheduled was rife, they call it fake news these days.

niemand:

--- Quote from: Ronski on April 11, 2017, 08:02:19 PM ---Noticed quite a few of these scheduled around Thanet over the next few months on Roadworks.org

Is this the start of VM's local roll out to Broadstairs, Ramsgate & Margate?

--- End quote ---

Yep. The recent story is nothing to do with these, and roadworks being scheduled are not 'fake news'. That referred to incomplete builds, not completely phantom ones.

Better still, the dimensions of those cabinets indicate FTTP :)

broadstairs:
Hopefully this might be working in 18 months when my contract with TalkTalk expires. Be good to have some real competition.

Stuart

Ronski:
Exactly what I was thinking Stuart.

How many of those carbs do they need to cover an area? As at the moment there's only a few showing over the entire area.

I presume being fttp. It shouldn't suffer with congestion?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version