Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

Noisy Line

<< < (2/14) > >>

mikeh:
I'm happy with the fibre service which for 1.8km from the cab I achieve 18mb with a Billion 8800nl although the upload is only 0.9mb. My prime concern is the phone not the broadband.

I have a corded phone and the noise is lower but still there. I'm going to check a friends house as they have the same phone and will take the corded one with me also to try. Their line quality is excellent so I should be able compare the two.

I was impressed with the speed of the action by OR but I am dissapointed that the second engineer didn't investigate the pole where the first engineer said he found a fault.

mikeh:
I've checked a couple of friends phones today and couldn't believe how quiet they were. I've had this continuous buzzing noise for a long time and always believed it to be normal, how wrong I was. I'm definitely going to pursue a fix on this. I await Plusnets reply tomorrow on the fault ticket.   

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: mikeh on April 08, 2017, 04:41:56 PM ---I've had this continuous buzzing noise for a long time and always believed it to be normal, . . .

--- End quote ---

It reads as if there is still an "earth contact fault" on your circuit. Does the buzzing sound like AC mains hum?

mikeh:
Yes Burakkucat it could be described as a hum. I used the term buzzing meaning an annoying sounding hum. On one of the engineers tools the short warning light was flashing but not all the time. When the crackling was happening the humming noise was very bad. I've added some more comments to the Plusnet fault page to let them know the problem is not fixed.

Weaver:
It will all be a lot better when it isn't broken any more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version