Computer Software > Windows 10

win10 adding back some control over updates for pro users

<< < (2/3) > >>

gt94sss2:
Build 15063 is the RTM version - as you say it will be officially released to PC's on 11/4 - but its already available via the Windows 10 Release Preview Ring or via ISOs among others.

Its already gone live for Xbox ones users.

Chrysalis:
Personally I think the snooze feature is a bit of a joke ;)

Chunkers:
This behaviour drives me nuts although Windows 10 has been pretty reliable on my boxes and hasn't really caused me any issues.  This, and have you SEEN how much info Microsoft farms from your PC by default, its SCAREY.

On my personal PC now I have Eve Online, Mumble, Discord, Steam and all my webby stuff running under Linux I only boot up Windows to play Star Wars Battlefront and other games with my son, I took a deep breath and swapped over to Linux for my daily *stuff* and now only update when I wanna!  The rest of the PC's / family are happily Windowsed-up (?) apart from my daughter who is largely unaware that her ChromeOS laptop isn't windows.

If only the steam machine hadn't died I could have probably dispensed with Windows as they would have ported the other games to SteamOS.  I wonder if Valve will try to revive it with a HL 3 release?

Linux is so close to being a drop in replacement for Windows 10 its painful, its just not *quite* there for normos, still need the occasional command line action .... which they won't like

I gotta say though I DO like Windows 10 in tablet mode on my laptop, its really nice for casual browsing.

The latest development with ChromeOS getting access to the Android Appstore could be the beginning of some real competition for MS though.  I am tempted to get one just out of curiosity...

wub u

Chunks

Note : almost entire post is off-topic, sorry, its early .................. MORE COFFEE

Chrysalis:
We just need vulkan to catch on, DirectX is the main last obstacle with windows I feel.

NEXUS2345:
The lack of decent support for NVIDIA GPUs in many Linux distros is another obstacle. I can't tell you how many issues I have had with software not supporting the official NVIDIA drivers. Or the open source drivers not supporting the latest gen cards (I have a GTX 1060).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version