Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Good support experience with Vidahost  (Read 7797 times)

BigJ

Good support experience with Vidahost
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »

Thought I'd share my recent experience with Vidahost and A.N.Other hosting company. My domains are coming up for renewal and I thought I'd try a different company for no real reason; I don't do anything particular important with them so no dramas if there are problems.

So I begin the transfer to A.N.Other but for one of my domains, I enter the wrong receiving account name. Entirely my fault I admit :-[. 7 days later after two telephone calls and an email, "complete this form and post it with a photocopy of I.D.". Hmm, by the time I can make a copy, post it off, letter gets to the right person and processed, it'll probably be close to 14 day.

So via Nominet I sort the domain out and switch both my domains to Vidahost. I had a bit of snag as it wasn't clear which nameservers are used by selecting "default nameservers". Within 30mins I had two responses, using the ticket system, and my domains were accessible by the world. Night and day difference! For information,

If you wish to manage your DNS settings for the domain through our client area, then the nameservers should be changed to:
- ns1.vhdns.net
- ns2.vhdns.net
These should be the default nameservers.

If you want to point your domain name to our Cloud environment, the nameservers that need to be used are:
- ns1.vidacloud.co.uk
- ns2.vidacloud.co.uk
- ns3.vidacloud.co.uk

Finally, if you want to point a domain to our cPanel environment, just use the below nameservers:
- ns1.vidahost.com
- ns2.vidahost.com
- ns3.vidahost.com

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Good support experience with Vidahost
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 08:56:41 PM »

Tips based on personal experience are always very greatly welcomed. And we have Kitz as a user too of course.

BigJ

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 11:04:59 AM »

Thanks weaver. Indeed it was Kitz's recommendation that took me to Vidahost. Personal recommendations can really help with narrowing the choices down in the vast sea of options.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 09:51:36 AM »

Glad things went well.  :)  I've always found vidahost support 2nd to none.

However that said I am wary that they have grown a heck of a lot over the past few years and have had to take on a lot of new staff and merged with TSO. 
Once upon a time I knew them all by first name and it was all one small team.   I don't say as much now due to me having my own server and access to 24/7 support, so Im not in a position to say what the staff are like on the shared hosting side of things.  From what Ive seen though most tickets seem to be resolved within 1/2hr. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything