Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Any Throughput test/record software? JDauto no longer works  (Read 2004 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
Any Throughput test/record software? JDauto no longer works
« on: March 23, 2017, 04:31:46 AM »

background: I am having a terrible time with my connection and plus-net, tonight its been OFF and almost unusable for several hours, been having issues since day one which has been getting worse, no help on their forums from any staff, and their online fault tester says its found a fault and the report is 'left open' for a response until Friday?  now I cant even find the info that said it in my portal...seems to have disappeared after submitting more info asking what happens now?

I notice that when i think its working again the speed of web pages and youtube vids are intermittently slow, i think there maybe latency spikes/issues too, I did a ping and got 25% packet loss.

I used to use JD Auto Speedtester back in the day but the dev has since given up on it and the servers it use (that work) can not saturate more than 30Mbps (all the ThhinkBroadband links he used and many others dont work) ...I dunno any i could use? otherwise i could get it working. It was great and very precise, I used to set it to test every 2 hours and would have nice graphs of up/down/ping across weeks - i need something like that program so I can do more thorough tests, might have to whip out the HRping script - im not convinced on ThinkBroadbands Quality Monitor as it works by pinging your router every second, if your router is very busy it may be slow to respond or not reposnd at all, i think that tester/monitor is only good to test the line while its not in use, as you use your connection it shows on the BBQM and a lot of people start thinking they have problems when they dont....thats my opinion anyway

anyone know of anything I can use>?

thanks
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

BigJ

Re: Any Throughput test/record software? JDauto no longer works
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 08:00:16 PM »

Hi Snadge

Sorry I can't help with your specific question but if you're still having problems getting Plusnet to respond/ or do something, try the BT wholesale speedchecker. If your line is behaving very badly, the BT speedchecker will open up an option to go to a third level test (not normally available) which you can wave at Plusnet. It worked for me :)

I mentioned it in this post

jaydub

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »

If you are after a speed test that will repeat, try TestMy.Net.  Not in perpetuity, but you can set it to run 500 times at an interval you set between 5 minutes and 24 hours.

It is a single thread tester as well, so will show any issues with the throughput on your line that may get masked by the majority of multi-thread testers out there.

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 06:47:41 PM »

My JDAuto still works here are the download servers I use.

download.thinkbroadband.com/100mb.zip
lg.denver.fdcservers.net/1gbtest.zip
download.thinkbroadband.com/20mb.zip
speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com/downloads/test500.zip

Multithread enabled and upload server still seems to work.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

roswellgrey

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 01:52:13 PM »

Just adding to banger's post above ...
I downloaded it (JDast) and tried it briefly over the weekend ... curiosity had struck me, as the tbb d/l links (shown on the products website help screenshots) looked ok to me.
Out of the box (i.e. no manual config changes),  it worked just fine.
There must be some old, now defunct, links in the config solely due to the age of the release, but the ones that it chose by default were ok.
It reported my usual 48 Mbps d/l.
Billion 8800NL

pooclah

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 04:55:55 PM »

Just to confuse the issue of throughput here is a speed test of IPV4 vs IPV6 I did at the weekend.  I have no idea why the results are so different.