Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: VMG8924-B10A - Multicast problem with BT TV UHD service  (Read 1612 times)

smallal

• Reg Member
VMG8924-B10A - Multicast problem with BT TV UHD service
« on: March 30, 2017, 10:11:17 AM »

I bought this router as it supported multicast, which I needed for my BT TV box.
I followed the procedure (as posted on KITZ) to set it up for BT TV multicast services and it all worked fine.
However, following an upgrade to a new BT TV UHD 4K box I now have a big problem.
The BT UHD 4K channel isn't working, the router, it would seem, simply can't keep up with it.
Lots of sound breakup and picture freezing is the result, but only on the UHD service, HD services are still ok.
I tried updating the firmware to the latest available, AAKL.16C0, but there's no improvement.
I've also tried the alternate method suggested by a few people of setting up the router by allocating a port, but all to no avail.
I have good VDSL speed (over 70mbps on an ECI cabinet) and my old BT Home Hub 5A handles the UHD service without any problem.
Has anyone else had this issue, and more importantly managed to solve it, as the HH5A is woeful in every other respect.
If anyone has successfully used the KITZ setup without a problem for the UHD service could you post your version of Firmware please.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:26:30 AM by smallal »

npr

• Reg Member
Re: VMG8924-B10A - Multicast problem with BT TV UHD service
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 07:35:26 PM »

Don't know if this will help with your 4K problem. IIRC the instructions you're using put IPTV on all ethernet ports which can be a waste of LAN bandwidth.

Try changing that method to:

In WAN Configuration: enable Con-current WAN and select one ethernet port to receive IPTV.

Enable IGMP Snooping etc

You may need to wait for the BT TV box to get the signal or reset it.

smallal

• Reg Member
Re: VMG8924-B10A - Multicast problem with BT TV UHD service
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 10:22:54 PM »

That's the 'alternate' method I mentioned in my main post when I said it involved allocating a port.
No joy there I'm afraid.

anything