Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Harmony  (Read 1061 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Harmony
« on: March 14, 2017, 01:00:36 AM »

Rònan the retired greyhound, unaware that his personal space has been violated by Buidheag, one of our two sisters, born in Sàsaig just a few miles away:

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Harmony
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 03:14:25 PM »

:)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 03:02:50 PM »

Wow, he must be very placid.   I thought that greyhounds and whippets dont normally get along with cats.  :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:21:09 PM »

All the greyhounds we have had are fantastic with cats that they know. But I would be really worried about strange cats in the distance out in the open, because of course greyhounds are trained to chase dome small furry things. Rònan pictured there is not afraid of cats. Our current Ciaran is afraid of one cat, Orange aka Tiddy Puss because Orange used to keep whacking the greyhounds’ backsides when they went past him, either just to hear them yelp and run, or to prove he is top cat, or else because they had insulted him by not saying hello, because the latter has been known. It was always just as the dog was going past Orange's Hugh vantage point, so I suspect he might have already been offended. Some of our cats will whack the dog if they don't get any greeting / rubs / fuss from the dog. The cats expect the chance to rub round the dogs' legs or nuzzle their faces and some of them are really angry if ignored, you can see the cats’ faces go dark with fury.

That having been said, Rònan would not normally have been that brave - he would have got up and cleared off - but I think he was fast asleep and never knew anything about it, and Buidheag /bujak/ just took advantage of him as a nice warm cuddle. Buidheag loves dogs a lot. So does orange when he is not whacking them.

anything