Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FTTC Completion date confusion  (Read 1268 times)

AuThoDoX

• Just arrived
FTTC Completion date confusion
« on: March 11, 2017, 02:49:00 AM »

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to all of this, but think I have done my homework.

Just got a question regarding the FTTC completion date which will be serving my area. https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=18385&postcodeloc=12413&cabinet=P104

On the telecom site is shows completion to be done March 2017 (Any time now), although I had emailed Openreach, who mentioned it would be completed by May - Although this was a month or so ago I heard from them. I just wondered how reliable the telecom site is with their completion dates - and by completion, is this around the same time I can get an order in for Fibre?

Cheers in advance  :)

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: FTTC Completion date confusion
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 03:15:55 AM »

Not what you want to hear but quarterly completion dates (March, June, September, December) are usually just temporary placeholder dates. Codelook doesn't update very often either. If OpenReach say May then that's more likely than March.

If your local authority uses it then the best way to watch for progress is checking roadworks.org for activity at your cabinet. Following the Fibre Journey on the OpenReach Where and When site can help. What is the current results from the Where and When site? "Connect" can take a very long time. Does the DSL Checker site give a date?
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

AuThoDoX

• Just arrived
Re: FTTC Completion date confusion
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 11:39:29 AM »

Thanks for the reply John.

I've attached the DSL Checker details, as you can see no FTTC information there yet. I've also taken a look at the roadworks site, and there didn't seem to be any BT/Openreach or any telephone works going on in the area in the next 12 months - There has been quite a bit of work on and around the area where the new cabinet has been installed, as well as what appears to be work to connect it up to the existing cabinet.

Where you say the 'Connect' stage can take a very long time, I'd say it has been at this stage for coming up to 5 months now :(