Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: uber review  (Read 894 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
uber review
« on: March 18, 2017, 02:06:50 PM »

Used for first time today taking advantage of barclaycard offer.

Compared to traditional taxi services my first impression is its vastly superior.

Price if wasnt free would have been £4.19, the same journey on my usual taxi company is £7.50

Uber app I order journey and using the location tracker it knows where I am but also can specify address, and I have my home address bookmarked e.g. for quick entry.
Tracked taxi so I knew when he was almost here whilst traditional taxi after operator tells me "almost there mate" still waiting 10 mins later.

Normal taxi service seems sort of obsolete how it works when comparing and its clear why the traditional taxi drivers are not happy as is tough competition for them.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: uber review
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 11:54:26 AM »

Wow ..... how damned weird, Chrys !!!

A few of us had a day and night in Manchester yesterday, drinking and taking in a theatre show. Due to the poor weather, I said to my wife about trying 'Uber' out, instead of the usual black-cabs. Impressed is not the word ..... great value for money (damn site cheaper than the BC's) and there was one available at all times, within a minute.

I take your point about the other cab drivers, but this surely is a sign of the times. It's deffo 'Uber' for us anytime we visit the city in future.

anything