Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: G.Inp on ECI Possibly Delayed  (Read 55544 times)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
Re: G.Inp on ECI Possibly Delayed
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2018, 11:56:04 PM »

My understanding of it was that it remained enabled if you had UHD BT Sports as mine wasn't disabled until I left BT.

smallal

• Reg Member
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2018, 11:03:54 AM »

I only had the HD box at the time of the G.INP switch-off, although I've now have UHD for over a year & they haven't re-enabled it.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2018, 10:12:39 AM »

This is what is weird, for live iptv stability is important, so if they enabling g.inp for that configuration then it suggests g.inp in a general sense is considered more stable than the legacy configuration.

This leads me to speculate one of 2 scenarios.

1 - g.inp works well on ECI providing its not enabled on many ports, perhaps a cpu utilisation issue, I dont think this is the case, g.inp shouldnt need much processing power compared to say vectoring.
2 - there is compatibility issues as has been reported but BT retail decided they would deal with those issues and reported to openreach as such, which led to the situation we have now, but not for their entire customer base, just for their iptv customers. This seems the most plausible.

3rd possible situation.

3 - openreach have it enabled for all isp's that use iptv services, the accounts flagged could be the ones set to use the iptv qos flag on the cabinet to exchange backhaul.  Is there other isp's iptv customers that have g.inp enabled which would suggest this is the case?

smallal

• Reg Member
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2018, 10:29:26 PM »

Well xmas is well & truly over, so have the trials restarted yet?

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2018, 01:07:26 PM »

The last rumour was it is more of a winter break rather than Xmas break so if anything is going to happen it will hopefully be around late March / April (this is a common time when new things in the past seem to be rolled out).  As I am also on ECI cab I hope this is correct and we don't have more delays or worse still abandonment.

rpdmallett

« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2018, 08:42:51 PM »

Sorry if this is already posted elsewhere, but the ISPreview page has been updated:

"UPDATE 1st Feb 2018

We understand that so far the ECI Retransmission Trial has migrated around 600,000 lines and the official rollout is about to commence across their estate. The xdB (3dB profile) has also been successfully applied to some ECI lines."

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/12/openreach-pause-uk-trial-g-inp-fix-eci-fttc-broadband-cabs.html

So that's good news!

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2018, 09:07:14 PM »

Sorry if this is already posted elsewhere, but the ISPreview page has been updated:

"UPDATE 1st Feb 2018

We understand that so far the ECI Retransmission Trial has migrated around 600,000 lines and the official rollout is about to commence across their estate. The xdB (3dB profile) has also been successfully applied to some ECI lines."

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/12/openreach-pause-uk-trial-g-inp-fix-eci-fttc-broadband-cabs.html

So that's good news!

YES! Hoorah, no more ECI DSLAM's living in the dark ages. I can't wait. I assume it'll take several weeks to roll it out to most of the DSLAM's? Then again it also depends when they start the official rollout, "about to commence" could still mean a few months away.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2018, 05:15:12 AM »

thats not a small trial 600k lines

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2018, 05:44:13 AM »

Surprised that more people are not reporting getting Ginp enabled.

I have to say I am flabagasted especially regarding 3db and hope that rollout will start sooner rather than later :)

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2018, 06:09:09 AM »

Still no signs of this on MDWS.
I assume it'll take several weeks to roll it out to most of the DSLAM's?
The retransmission rollout to Huawei cabinets was done at a rate of circa 45k lines per night.
When the full ECI rollout starts it will likely be at a similar rate.

My line isn't good enough to keep fastpath. When on ECI I was always interleaved. The difference between my line being interleaved and having G.INP @ 3dB snrm is 36Mb (interleaved) to 50Mb (G.INP 3dB).
Really happy for everyone on ECI that this finally seems to be happening.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2018, 06:12:38 AM »

Let's hope the ECI G.Inp and 3db rollout is ASAP.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2018, 06:39:04 AM »

how many lines approx do we think the UK has on eci? any ideas..

fingers crossed the fix actually works.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2018, 08:20:38 AM »

Well if it works as well as the original rollout on my line I will be running at around 70000kbps, that's assuming I can get rid of both interleaving and the cap  >:(

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2018, 09:28:34 AM »

This is great news for people on ECI. My SNR has dropped recently, it's now at 5dB, my current sync is 46367 and my attainable is 42988, so that 1dB is worth around 3.3Mbps. Bizarrely my upstream has increased. Still it will all be rather moot soon when I switch to VM
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Terranova667

« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2018, 08:29:24 PM »

As someone on a ECI cab it's great to see the ball maybe rolling again, but I will hold off any celebrating until my cab gets enabled and what effect it will have, the previous rollout was one that had a negative effect on my line instead of gaining anything i lost instead until it was removed and i gained it back. 

I'm still unsure if the Openreach ECI modem i'm using has been updated to work with G.INP as it's locked down i have no way of knowing, there hasn't been any Modem resets that would indicate a firmware update unless it happens before they enable the cab ?, will have to see how it goes when it happens whenever that maybe.  :fingers:   
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

anything