Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: G.Inp on ECI Possibly Delayed  (Read 55554 times)

DMZ

Re: G.Inp on ECI Possibly Delayed
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2018, 11:56:53 AM »

I believe last Thursday my cabinet had its firmware  updated as it was down for about 6 minutes. This happened approximately at 9AM.

The only difference I seen was my max attainables increased.

I'm only brining this up as according to the G.INP article on this site it states about a short downtime for approximately 5 minutes whilst the firmware is updated. And that's stage 1.

Maybe I'm wrong and I had a different event occur. Just thought I'd share anyway.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:59:54 AM by DMZ »

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2018, 12:49:56 PM »

I believe last Thursday my cabinet had its firmware  updated as it was down for about 6 minutes. This happened approximately at 9AM.

I'm only brining this up as according to the G.INP article on this site it states about a short downtime for approximately 5 minutes whilst the firmware is updated. And that's stage 1.

Maybe I'm wrong and I had a different event occur. Just thought I'd share anyway.

Just out of curiosity what's the firmware version on the line card you're connected to now?

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2018, 12:58:57 PM »

Is it worth people posting firmware revisions of their ECI cab to see if this is a good indicator something is happening with respect to GINP?

Mine says 0xb206 (assuming I am looking at the correct stat) and has for as long as I remember so not sure if revision is a useful indicator unless you have 207 or something?

Thanks

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2018, 01:17:39 PM »

Mine is v0xb206
Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2

DMZ

« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2018, 01:18:37 PM »

I only have a supplied router from TalkTalk so unfortunately I won't be able to check.

But from what I remember I saw the connection uptime was only 8 minutes and I checked the router logs to see it was down for 6 minutes prior. The only thing as stated that stood out to me was the max attainables increased. Speed wise, latency etc. everything was and is the same.

I assume it's the same process as described in the G.INP article as the downtime was similar. This is the first time it was down for so long.

Since it could be the case I would probably have to wait for some time for G.INP to be active going by how it worked on the Huawei cabinets.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #200 on: February 20, 2018, 01:36:41 PM »

I had an overnight outage a couple of weeks or so ago, whether or not if it was related to g.inp Ive no idea.

I'm not certain if the line card f/w version makes any difference to g.inp as there were different versions last time g.inp was rolled out.
If its a DSLAM configuration update for something such as DLM then it may not show up on the line card version.

iirc mine has been  IFTN:0xb206 for years.  However I note it now says

IFTN:0xb206 (178.6) / v0xb206

I can't recall seeing the 178.6 before.  :-\
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #201 on: February 20, 2018, 01:44:51 PM »

Mine was 0xb206 on the old line at my current address, and 0xd086 on the new line (from AAISP) at my current address.

I'm moving house in a few weeks so I'll see what the new address is connected to and post it here. It will also be ECI, sadly.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #202 on: February 20, 2018, 01:47:36 PM »

I can't recall seeing the 178.6 before

Sorry for the confusion. The numbers 178 and 6 are just the decimal equivalents of the hexadecimal values b2 and 06. A user requested that I add this conversion in the stats. Nothing has changed in your cabinet.

(I made this change in version 6.1.1 which hasn't been generally released yet.)
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2018, 01:53:34 PM »

Sorry for the confusion. The numbers 178 and 6 are just the decimal equivalents of the hexadecimal values b2 and 06. A user requested that I add this conversion in the stats. Nothing has changed in your cabinet.

(I made this change in version 6.1.1 which hasn't been generally released yet.)

Thank you Eric for the explanation.   I am indeed using 6.1.1 :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jaydub

• Reg Member
« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2018, 02:24:59 PM »

Mine is:

ChipSet Vendor Id:      IFTN:0xb206

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2018, 02:27:39 PM »

mine has always been 0xb206 and with the g.inp during the last go..

wj66

« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »

And mine is: IFTN:0xb206 / v0xb206 as it was when G.INP enabled.
Plusnet Broadband 40/10, Zyxel VMG8924-B10A, Synology RT2600ac, Synology Mesh, ECI Cabinet.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2018, 03:16:21 PM »

I see nothing in what you describe that would suggest the cabs firmware was updated. Likely just the DSLAM being rebooted or a dozen other possibilities.

Without any further info from OpenReach and going by previous rollouts I wouldn't be surprised if any full rollout of g.inp was held back a little till late March/April.

MDWS has a nice scattering of users all over the country. When it comes, we'll see it.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »

Mine was 0xb206 on the old line at my current address, and 0xd086 on the new line (from AAISP) at my current address.
These are the only 2 firmwares I've seen on ECI (since 0xb204 was updated?).

0xd086 seems to be much less common. It was very interesting to see when your 2nd line went live that both linecards had different firmwares. I'm curious as to the significance of this.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2018, 05:09:39 PM »

I'm hoping to get it first again  :P

It'll go live the week after I get it obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

anything