Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Upload sync rate below Clean min value  (Read 4907 times)

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: Upload sync rate below Clean min value
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 12:50:17 PM »

The high is 53, but your above the low of 39. Nobody will agree to send an engineer because you're below the clean high estimates.

You'll only get an engineer sent out with the ISP giving the usual "if the engineer finds nothing wrong you can pay the £130  OpenReach charge". By all means go ahead and chance it if you think the risk of £130 charge is worth it. Your line is well within the estimates though.

You never answered if you had a self install or paid for an engineer install, where they setup the homehub and connected it to your pc etc.
BT go with the clean/low figures if you had a managed install. They go with the impacted/low figures if it was a self install. Your above both for download though. No ISP gives a guaranteed upload speed. If there's no fault you'll almost certainly be charged for an engineer visit.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Interceptor121

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 12:58:01 PM »

I had engineer visit the first time i connected to fibre three years ago. Then I switched to BT with self install. Am pretty confident the line is at limits it was just a curiosity really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 03:59:35 PM »

the dsl checker is a guide it has nothing binding as you have no commercial relationship with bt wholesale, for that what matters is the estimate the isp gave you on signup which of course leads to the next point which is most isps dont provide a upload estimate

most isps wont entertain a fault for a speed only slightly below the estimate either
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:11:57 AM by Chrysalis »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »

I had engineer visit the first time i connected to fibre three years ago.

I have a suspicion that three years ago all G.993.2 service installations were performed by Openreach technicians . . .  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Interceptor121

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 10:21:03 AM »

Well let's see what happens then. The plusnet email says speed range is 39.8-53.8 mbps same as clean A.
Before moving to BT when I still was with plusnet I was actually getting around 36 mbps and this went up to 40 mbps with BT no idea why.

Interceptor121

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 11:24:41 AM »

So after two weeks the line with plusnet has gone up in terms of downstream from 40M capped to 44M but on the upstream further reduced from 8.8 to 8.3
Am not sure why the upstream has gone down another 500k but it looks like there is nothing I can do or can I?
Pages: 1 [2]

anything