Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Zyxel - Use with youview from BT  (Read 6143 times)

mwarby

• Just arrived
Zyxel - Use with youview from BT
« on: July 19, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »

Hi, I have a Zyxel VM8924-B10A ADSL/VDSL router. I've recently switched to BT broadband with their TV product,this is a youview box which receives and records freeview and also receives some subscription IPTV channels over multicast.I can get the Zyxel to sync and connect to the internet, but I can't get the internet channels.

I'm now using the BT HH5A, but I'd like to use the Zyxel (access to more stats, better wifi,built in VOIP etc), does anyone know what settings are needed for the multicast IPTV channels(Iplayer and similar worked fine)

Thanks
Martin

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Zyxel - Use with youview from BT
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 01:54:02 PM »

Although I've not done it apparently you use the IGMP/MLD config menu to set up multicast but that's all I know.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 02:47:24 PM »

Hi

Try these steps: (take a config backup in case you need to restore and start again)

From the web interface:

1) From Network setting menu click Broadband, find the VDSL interface, edit this, this should have your Broadband credentials here, scroll down and make sure IGMP Proxy Enable is ticked, should be by default, so either tick it then apply or cancel out if no changes.

2) From the same Broadband tab click 'Add New WAN interface', tick Active, name can just be BTTV, Type should be ADSL/VDSL over PTM, Mode should be Bridge, Encapsulation: PPPoE and IPv6/IPv4 mode: IPv4 only, under the VLAN section tick Active, 802.1p: is 0 and 802.1q should be 101, click Apply

3) Now from Network Setting again go to Home Networking, and under LAN setup make sure IGMP Snooping is enabled and IGMP Mode is Standard mode, save changes if necessary

4) From Network Setting menu go to IGMP/MLD, and put a tick in Membership Join Immediate (IPTV) and Apply changes.

Hopefully this will work, I've not tried it but taken settings from various docs about it.

Regards

Phil

mwarby

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 04:18:42 PM »

Thanks that worked perfectly, the menu in step 4 wasn't present in my router, so skipped that step

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 04:38:00 PM »

Hi

Perhaps that menu was added in later firmware versions.  Good to hear it is working.

Regards

Phil

smallal

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 12:13:54 PM »

Hi

Try these steps: (take a config backup in case you need to restore and start again)

From the web interface:

1) From Network setting menu click Broadband, find the VDSL interface, edit this, this should have your Broadband credentials here, scroll down and make sure IGMP Proxy Enable is ticked, should be by default, so either tick it then apply or cancel out if no changes.

2) From the same Broadband tab click 'Add New WAN interface', tick Active, name can just be BTTV, Type should be ADSL/VDSL over PTM, Mode should be Bridge, Encapsulation: PPPoE and IPv6/IPv4 mode: IPv4 only, under the VLAN section tick Active, 802.1p: is 0 and 802.1q should be 101, click Apply

3) Now from Network Setting again go to Home Networking, and under LAN setup make sure IGMP Snooping is enabled and IGMP Mode is Standard mode, save changes if necessary

4) From Network Setting menu go to IGMP/MLD, and put a tick in Membership Join Immediate (IPTV) and Apply changes.

Hopefully this will work, I've not tried it but taken settings from various docs about it.

Regards

Phil

This works with most channels but not the 4K UHD service, it freezes & stutters, however my old BT HH5 works fine.
Anyone know how to fix this please.

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 03:58:26 PM »

Don't know if this will solve your problem, but it's an alternative method to step 2) above -- may be worth a try.

Delete the WAN interface created in step 2), then at the bottom of the broadband > VDSL page:-
Tick > Enable Con-current WAN
Select the "Bridge Port" number which corresponds to the routers ethernet port number the Youview connects to.

Note:
Firmware 14C0 or was it 13C0 had a bug which prevented the above method from working.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:54:55 PM by npr »

anything