Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: ECI connected customers, no 3db profile  (Read 26157 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: ECI connected customers, no 3db profile
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2018, 10:36:20 PM »

I have a question (as I don't want to assume),

If OR put a G.fast pod on the side of the ECI cabinet will there still be as much interference inside the cabinet as there is now? i.e. do the fibre lines with G.fast get moved from the cabinet to the pod?

IF that was the case then they should prioritise G.fast for ECI cabinets so for those who dont get G.fast should get less cabinet interference?

I wonder what the breakdown is of G.fast pods on ECI compared to Huawei? None of the ECI cabinets around my area are getting G.fast pods.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2018, 10:48:00 PM »

Gfast is added to the phone cabinet not the ECI cabinet. 

I believe Gfast has all the bells and whistles by default (great for eci cab users as it bypasses them) or equivalent eg ginp, vectoring but in some cases especially if you are at the limit of the very short range you will probably still end up with a slower sync.

I too are on eci no gfast in my area.  My phone cabinet is closer than eci cab so it would be shorter distance but I am definitely at the limits of it being beneficial especially as upload would probably be slower than fttc, download possibly marginally better, if speeds are worse gfast will not save me from the dire eci cabs at least for me.

My only hope is I think my line when in a good mood is decent quality so I may get surprised by estimates but unless there is some kind of deal gfast will just be far too expensive to consider over fttc even if it means no more eci cab.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:55:40 PM by ktz392837 »

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2018, 06:54:57 PM »

If some of the people on an ECI cabinet switched to a G.fast service, then yes, there would be a little less VDSL2 crosstalk amongst the remaining VDSL2 lines. The same would happen if people on the ECI cabinet switched to ADSL or ceased their service and got cable or some alternative full fibre, mobile broadband, fixed wireless or anything else.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2018, 09:18:20 PM »

Has anyone seen a g.fast cab attached to a pcp that sits next to an eci  fttc cab yet?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2018, 10:32:05 PM »

Has anyone seen a g.fast cab attached to a pcp that sits next to an eci  fttc cab yet?

I have checked for one of Walter's clients, located in Ewhurst, Surrey, and is at a measured distance of 169 metres from an ECI equipped cabinet twinned with THCN_P19.

Looking at the BT Broadband Availability Checker, via the telephone number, I see only FTTC and FTTPoD are available. There is no mention of G.9700/1 (G.Fast).
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2018, 10:57:13 PM »

Bowden asked the same question back in September and j0hn responded that he had seen this.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

anything