Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: ECI connected customers, no 3db profile  (Read 26164 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: ECI connected customers, no 3db profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 07:01:57 PM »

here. AndyHCZ is a reliable source.
I've read it on multiple sources.

But AndyHCZ clearly states that

The modems should be updated with the new firmware (although CP wires-only need to ensure their customers have updated modems). The ECI firmware update and retransmission are due to be released next month (I would guess the same time as the new DLM algorithm is introduced).

So who's right, ISP Review or Andy???

Or are ECI cab's getting G.INP next month, and not the lower margins?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 07:10:32 PM »

As a reminder....

summary of the bulletin recently released and this was the response I had today.

It confirms that Openreach and ECI have now identified the cause of the problems of G.INP on the ECI platform and a set of fixes are currently in development.

The fixes include the need for updated firmware for certain Modem Chipsets which impact both the Openreach Modem and the modem component of certain CP wires only Routers as well as software update for the ECI equipment.

This software will be tested by Openreach during Q3 (Oct-Dec) with deployment likely to commence, in consultation with the Service Provider community around April 2017.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 07:38:02 PM »

What are the chances that the new ECI cabinet firmware is going to be that d086 version with the poor upload speeds?

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 08:09:23 PM »

As a reminder....

summary of the bulletin recently released and this was the response I had today.

It confirms that Openreach and ECI have now identified the cause of the problems of G.INP on the ECI platform and a set of fixes are currently in development.

The fixes include the need for updated firmware for certain Modem Chipsets which impact both the Openreach Modem and the modem component of certain CP wires only Routers as well as software update for the ECI equipment.

This software will be tested by Openreach during Q3 (Oct-Dec) with deployment likely to commence, in consultation with the Service Provider community around April 2017.
What's your point though? that was over 6 months ago. OR have released another 2 or 3 updates to CP's since the August post. Plans can change.
What are the chances that the new ECI cabinet firmware is going to be that d086 version with the poor upload speeds?
That would be horrible. I think unlikely though as that firmware was seen way back on August 2nd
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 10:19:24 AM »

Hi All, thought I would add this to the thread,  Ever since my line went back to fast and no interleaving, I've noticed that the ECI cab keeps trying to drag my SNR down past 4db with the result that I lose sync, line resets, I then have to reset my Fritzbox to get my speed back up >:( obviously this may throw me back to interleaving).
Yesterday I picked up the phone to ring my mate and I noticed a lot of noise on the line, including 17070/2 test. He said all quite on his end of the phone line. Also had over a 1000 crc's a minute before event. Unfortunately I did not capture the said conditions :( to backup my evidence. During this event my SNR went below 4db, line went quite and re synced at 48Mb on J43 profile. So I rebooted, bringing my line back to what you see in pic snr2. snr1 shows dropping SNR values (looking more like a staircase down).
Question, is this due to DLM or am I on trial with 3db noise margin?
Firmware has changed on my ECI cab.
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 11:25:35 AM »

Not aware of any eci cabs on 3db trial. Recent info said for now they were excluded until perhaps g.inp should ever come back, just have to wait and see.

More like you have noise/fault or crosstalk issues ?? One of my worst crosstalkers when online knocks my ds snr from 6.1 to 4.4, then hitting my attainable upwards of 5mb..  You did already mention you noticed noise on the line..

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 12:39:34 PM »

Audible noise (hiss) on line was due to snr going south! dropped below 4db then following re sync, you could hear when snr changed, noise floor would follow.
The eci cab keeps trying to drag it down :(

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 01:03:22 PM »

I think it's more likely that the audible noise on the line was the cause of the falling SNRM, rather than the other way around. Sounds more like a fault, not something the ECI cab is deliberately doing.

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 01:25:47 PM »

Sorry ejs, I should have corrected myself it's srnm that keeps falling , lazy typing :-[
We did have an 'event outside in our road' SSE dug up the pavement, next door but one on our side to fix something, but I don't think this will have any bearing on srnm/noise.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 02:18:39 PM »

The 3dB trial on ECI is expected to be at the beginning of April, as far as I am aware.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 03:23:32 PM »

The 3dB trial on ECI is expected to be at the beginning of April, as far as I am aware.

Hoping this includes G.INP too?

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 04:09:31 PM »

Sounds like crossed wires? 3dB trial on Huawei happening now. No 3dB on ECI as G.INP is not fixed.

Are OpenReach really going to try rollout G.INP and run a 3dB trial on ECI at the same time?

edit: to add, 3dB on Huawei is due to rollout across the country in April, maybe that?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 04:56:24 PM »

Hoping this includes G.INP too?

the date actually sounds like it will start at the end or towards the end of the g.inp rollout.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 05:49:20 PM »

Firmware has changed on my ECI cab.
What was the firmware before and after?
I'm only familiar with the firmware being in the format of IFTN:0xb204, which then upgraded to IFTN:0xb206
Also seen a single instance of IFTN:0xd086

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 09:22:38 PM »

Surely you could have a SNR margin set to 6 - 5 - 4 - 3dB with interleaving or fastpath if your very close to the cabinet, G.INP is just another error correction tool on the DSLAM it was away to get noisy lines which were always interleaved and put onto something resembling fastpath of course with extra INP
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:28:56 PM by NewtronStar »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

anything