Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: After a year with my line I finally joined the 79,999 / 19,999 club lol  (Read 2479 times)

gazaai

• Reg Member

Hi all, I just felt like making this post to show the roller coaster of all my sync rates over the past year. For whatever reason recently my line has been performing extremely well over the past few months ever since my DLM reset.

I currently have reached the highest sync rate my line has ever seen at 79,999 / 19,999 and I have also the highest attenuation on MyDSLWebStats for this sync speed :o

Here you can see my Sync rates over 360 days:

And I have also joined the 80mb sync club :D

Just thought I would post this as a little update on my line, as I have asked for lots of opinions and help about my line over the year.
So I'd like to say Thanks to all who helped here about my Bridge Tap issues and DLM banding in the past and I don't think I would have ever gotten this speed if I had never joined this forum.
Cheers guys :)
Plusnet: 80 / 20
MDWS Username: GaZaai

Modem: Billion 8800NL (Bridge Mode)
Router + AP: NETGEAR R7800 (OpenWRT/LEDE)
APs: 2x Linksys Linksys EA6700

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: After a year with my line I finally joined the 79,999 / 19,999 club lol
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 05:38:25 PM »

It's nice to see happy punter these days what actually was the final fix that made all the difference

PS if you don't receive this post that will be down to my lines constant disconnections  :-[   

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 05:45:51 PM »

Very nice but what I find odd is some of those lines have a  higher attenuation than myself yet I cant get a sync higher than 72mb... no doubt being on eci might have something to do with it possibly..

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 05:47:52 PM »

It's nice to see happy punter these days what actually was the final fix that made all the difference

PS if you don't receive this post that will be down to my lines constant disconnections  :-[
Its hard to know what was really wrong with my line, I had a bridge tap on my line for the past 15+ odd years which was discovered by WWWombat on here. I then got an Engineer out who also confirmed there was in fact a bridge tap issue, it ended up being that both pairs of wires were joined together at the pole so I actually had the same dial tone on both lines within my home which I had never tested before. After this the line was eventually banded at 67mb but only at 7db or something its hard to remember. So I never thought that removing the banding from another Engineer Visit for a DLM Reset would take me to 76mb at the time then eventually 80mb now.

Sorry to hear that about your line, I hope it will become stable soon rather than later and hopefully it wont be a hard fix.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 05:52:28 PM by gazaai »

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 05:51:57 PM »

Very nice but what I find odd is some of those lines have a  higher attenuation than myself yet I cant get a sync higher than 72mb... no doubt being on eci might have something to do with it possibly..
Thank you, yes others and myself will be fortunate to being on a Huawei cabinet. I believe G.INP makes a huge difference to my line and I would not be anywhere near this sync rate without it. Out of curiosity have you tried different DSL Cable / Master socket setups. I found the latest NTE5C / mk4 and mk3 filters remove a fair bit of speed from my line, so have switched back to NTE5A with the Mk2 filter as this gives me the best results.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 05:57:33 PM »

Our last engineer on monday replace the old nte5a mk3 with NTE5C / mk4 I can't even make a judgment on how it fairs with no stats available but all I can see is a small gap on the right side bring back the screws

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 06:22:34 PM »

Thank you, yes others and myself will be fortunate to being on a Huawei cabinet. I believe G.INP makes a huge difference to my line and I would not be anywhere near this sync rate without it. Out of curiosity have you tried different DSL Cable / Master socket setups. I found the latest NTE5C / mk4 and mk3 filters remove a fair bit of speed from my line, so have switched back to NTE5A with the Mk2 filter as this gives me the best results.

Yes and yes and yes again. I was on the mk2. Openreach changed it to the new one. Made no difference to my stats...it would have been better to not have done it at all.. my attenuation is 14.2 but poor ds snr of 4.8 along with low attainable against sync 72/67...

Lets hope should g.inp ever return in april on eci it might help..

anything