Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSLStats on Raspbery Pi3 Cant Access Webserver Side  (Read 2495 times)

Korben_dallas

DSLStats on Raspbery Pi3 Cant Access Webserver Side
« on: February 03, 2017, 06:11:06 PM »

Hi,

I have installed dslstats on my Raspberry Pi3 which is running the latest release of Raspian.

The core program seems to be working fine but I cant seem to get the webserver to work, when accessing the Pi3 locally and one of the pages all I get is a blank page, there is nothing apparent in the logs but I saw the following message displayed in the terminal window.

A sample is shown below

TLResourceList.Sort 105 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TTraffic:PNG
TLResourceList.Sort 106 DUPLICATE RESOURCE FOUND: TTraffic:PNG

(dslstats:5103): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1261 was not found when attempting to remove it

(dslstats:5103): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 44145 was not found when attempting to remove it

A copy of the terminal windows contents is attached.

For the installation location this is on a WD PiDrive, there is a folder on the pi home folder called .dslstats which contains the ini files and mydslwebstats folder.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLStats on Raspbery Pi3 Cant Access Webserver Side
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 06:39:27 PM »

There has always been a problem getting the webserver to work on the RPi, and I could never get to the bottom of it. It's not related to those startup messages which are entirely benign. There is a possible workaround devised by jid - see http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,14844.0.html
  Eric

Korben_dallas

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 07:30:13 PM »

Hi Eric

Many thanks for the quick response and link it is much appreciated.

Will look at suggestions there.

Cheers

:)

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »

I have it running on my Pi, but on checking back my installation notes (I know!) it looks like I am using Apache2 to display the pages. Just requires an entry in /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf as far as I can see from the notes.

Code: [Select]
         DocumentRoot /home/pi/.dslstats/webserver

<Directory /home/pi/.dslstats/webserver>
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 07:53:46 PM »

Hi all,

Thanks for all your input I now have it working using Apache2 the only issue I had was that the main webpage was looking for a text file called connectionstats.txt which didnt seem to be getting generated.

Responses are good with Apache on the Pi3.

Cheers

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 09:21:48 PM »

I'm using my own version of combined.html which is missing the reference to "Connection Stats", so I must have deleted that (but failed to make a note :blush: ). Glad it's now working for you.
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

deanwade

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 11:56:20 AM »

I have a webserver already running on my NAS. Is there an elegant way to alter the path that DSLStats saves the files to?

When looking at the created files I cannot see an index.html file. As I have never seen the HTTP interface running, what or how is the home page created?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 12:50:37 PM »

There's no home page. All the webserver does is generate some HTML files and make them available for external access through the port you specify. Full information is given here: http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/webserver.html

The generated files are saved in a folder called 'webserver' under the snapshot directory. You can move the snapshot directory anywhere you like, so long as it's writeable by the user.
  Eric