Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Using The Phone Re-Sync Modem  (Read 13561 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: Using The Phone Re-Sync Modem
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2017, 09:45:43 PM »

@BlackSheep Thanks, I will ask if they can try this  .
1) Auto-protective PQT (This has 'Delta R' as part of the script)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2017, 09:51:25 PM »

At 8.05 this morning SFI technician phoned and said he was on the case he later came and did many QLT and yes as usual not a crackle at all, but I did one before he came and there was a bit of cracking noise.
He went to the exchange for some time and said my line was good there  and came back and did his 'Jedec' testing.
He went away again for some time leaving his oscillator plugged in to the test socket.
Later when he came back he said he had put me on a different 'E' side cable and found me a another 'D' side pair, after lots more tests and QLT he though it should be better.
After about six hours he left.
I did some more QLT after he had gone and all seemed to be good  :) at last.
I got a call from the 'Executive Level Complaints' of BT asking if all was ok. it was  ;D

Until

Tonight I did another QLT 17070 /2 then I heard ringing pulse's, trying to get my iphone to record them I was too late but I did record a chap and  women talking. back to 'square one'   :'(
Also noticed a few clicks and pops. :o
I think I will be contacting Executive Level Complaints later tonight vie email.

On a plus note my internet is better now.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2017, 07:37:13 AM »

I would suggest you request Exchange Equipment changes in your e-mail.

Haven't time to read back through your thread, but in a nutshell, if you receive your landline AND broadband services from the same LLU provider (SKY, TT etc), then I would be requesting they provide you with another LLUT (ISP owned port) and also new TAMS (Test Access Matrix System) tie-pairs.

If you are wholly BT-owned services, then I would be requesting a new LLIC (System Y Exchange) or a new EN (System X Exchange) .......... as it seems you issues are at card-level ??

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2017, 07:41:55 AM »

PS ...... please mention the previous engineer was great/did his best .......... you yourself appreciate how intermittent this kind of fault is, imagine being an engineer under high-pressures to get the job done asap. To do an E and D-side change is credit to the engineer, a lot would crumble under the constant pressure of 'Statistics'.  :) :)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2017, 04:17:28 PM »

Thanks again BS .
I have requested a 'Lift and shift' to a new port and they are trying to get the same chap to do it.

We use Eclipse and I think they use BTW from our local exchange but I do not know if it is a System X or Y.

Yes I have already past my appreciation over about the engineer who came and have asked to pass it on to his supervisor as well,  :) saying he used to be a PE teacher he was good..

Doing a QLT with the volume turned right up I have always heard a rapid pulsing / clicking noise (guess at two a second) , it is very faint but it is always there, Using the test socket and turning our 230v power off and pulling the service fuse it is still there, so it is coming in on the phone line.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2017, 01:32:12 AM »

On Monday I had the same BTOR engineer come around and I played him the recordings off my iphone of the ringing pulse's and then someone else conversation, he spent about 2 hrs doing lots and lots of QLT tests and as normal nothing,  he also did his JDSU testing with no problems.
He did no make any changes.

Since his visit I have heard 10 times now on our phone line someone else ringing pulse's and  conversations, I seem to think it is the same person, a women each time talking.

Since he did the E & D side swap last week our broadband is good again and has now gone on to Fast track as I do not get many errors.

Last week he fitted a new NT5 Mk4 filter as well.

Edit . I forgot to say using the phone or getting a call does not upset the internet now  :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:44:20 PM by tickmike »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything