Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Using The Phone Re-Sync Modem  (Read 13559 times)

licquorice

• Reg Member
Re: Using The Phone Re-Sync Modem
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 07:12:45 PM »

No, a battery contact is when one of your wires (legs) is in contact with the negative (-50v) leg of another circuit. It is usually as a result of a wet underground joint.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 10:06:30 PM »

would that not show up on his tester ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 10:16:53 PM »

One would think so but if the fault is not "hard", it may not be too obvious.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 10:39:03 PM »

As bcat says, it depends if it is an intermittent contact or solid. In the old days it was often due to poorly regulated (tensioned) open copper wires blowing in the wind and touching each other, but I doubt if that is often the cause these days.  :)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 08:57:59 AM »

Got up early this morning but no one has shown up yet :(
 99% of my service comes underground to the manhole but it then goes up a DP pole and other peoples services go from that but mine comes back down (in the same cable !) then underground again to my house.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 10:47:34 AM »

Update,
I could tell someone was working on my line Saturday but it is no better  :'(.
My modem has re-sync that many times I'm on dial up speeds and asked my isp for a re-set.
I have tried to make the modem connect at a better rate but it will not.
Interleaving has been up 384/8 it is normally 64/2 or fast track

Max:   Upstream rate = 140 Kbps, Downstream rate = 5480 Kbps
Bearer:   0, Upstream rate
= 35 Kbps, Downstream rate = 572 Kbps

Doing a QLT I have used my iphone 'voice Memos' app to record some of the noise on the line if they need proof  ;)

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 06:55:04 AM »

Have you asked the ISP to ask OR to try you on different equipment in the exchange? Marconi DSLAM's on 20CN exchanges suffered from such a bug. Can you see the vendor ID from your modem by any chance?
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 12:34:20 PM »

DSLAM/MSAN type:           IFTN:0x71c8 / v0x71c8    and I'm on 21CN

Some days are ok but others have been bad, Engineer is booked for today but not seen anyone yet, it looks like someone did a cu line test at 9.15am this morning, which also made the line noisy again ! .

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2017, 11:41:46 PM »

BTOR are still looking into my HR joint.

My line is about 4.3kl to the exchange and about 380M to the PCP, 99% of the line is UG from the exchange..

I know there are 10 Manholes between the PCP Would all of these have a joint ?

Roughly how many joints could there be in my 4.3kl line ?.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 12:55:23 AM »

I know there are 10 Manholes between the PCP Would all of these have a joint ?

That is difficult to answer without sight of the relevant network records.

For example, it might be that each chamber is from where other end-users' circuits are split off from the main D-side, multi-pair cable . . . in that case I would expect to find a joint. However it could just be that one or more of them were provided for the convenience of installing the multi-pair cable . . . perhaps at points where there had to be a significant deviation in the direction of the duct(s). A temporary pulley-system could have been placed in the chamber, so allowing the cable to be drawn through in a contiguous length.

Roughly how many joints could there be in my 4.3kl line ?.

I really could not say.

(It is rather like asking me how long is the ball of string with which Weaver allows his cats to play!)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 10:34:49 PM »

Seeing the fault was still 'Open' on our BT account page and nothing seems to be happening so I contacted BT Faults 0800 800 151 to see whats going on if there was any progress, after some time of speaking to openreach the chap told me they need to come to my house again so he made me another appointment for Wednesday.
This will be the fourth time I have at to wait in and only one time did anyone show up. :o
Lets hope I get a engineer that's going to get to the bottom of this fault.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 03:25:56 PM »

Would it be of any use to ask for a 'Lift & Shift' to a new port in the exchange if the BTOR chap comes tomorrow ?.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 05:52:42 PM »

Would it be of any use to ask for a 'Lift & Shift' to a new port in the exchange if the BTOR chap comes tomorrow ?.

Probably not. It may even cause confusion to someone in a back-office, somewhere.

It would be far better for the source of the problem to be located and then an appropriate solution to be enacted.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 10:12:20 PM »

The BTOR chap came and guess what QLT perfect not any noise etc. when he tested the line >:D used his Jedec tester all within spec.
After an hour he went , So I did a QLT and yes crackle pop click yes the noise was back. :'(

He told me there were 3 joints from my house to the pcp at 381M away.

Tonight a friend of my wife called and she said she had been trying to ring for about 2 hours, she said to her it was ringing but it did not ring for us.
Looks like got to phone the BT 0800 800 151 and get them to come again.  >:(

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 01:50:57 AM »

BTOR are coming again today, How do I get them to get stuck in and look at some of the joints in my 4.3kl line instead of just putting the tester in the test socket.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4