Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Using The Phone Re-Sync Modem  (Read 13560 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Using The Phone Re-Sync Modem
« on: January 07, 2017, 06:32:15 PM »

Using Phone The Re-Sync Modem
-----------------------------------------
Long phone line 4.5kls ADSL2
Using a 'Dect' Phone or 'Land line' phone Sometimes makes modem loose sync and drop connection, making or receiving calls does that sometimes .

1.Tested at the 'Test' socket with dangly filter, no change
2. Different modems all HG612 ,  no change

If I force the modem to use ADSL instead of ADSL2 it does not happen and the line is much more stable (see graph ), About 15.15 I did this .
About 16.45 looks like some interleaving came off.
9.15 we get first phone call but could not get to answer it.
12.45 phone call made out.
13.36 to 14.30 ish  phone calls received.

Second graph.
Connection had been stable then about 00.15 phone call made and that upsets the connection.
Earlier that day I got my ISP to do a CU line test and re-set the connection as I could not get above 448kbs on up-stream, then it went up to 715kbs , but that did not last it went down to 160kbs 
Still think I have a HR joint on the line, damp weather seems worse.
Any idea's please.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Using The Phone Re-Sync Modem
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 06:40:29 PM »

Still think I have a HR joint on the line, damp weather seems worse.

Remembering all the other tests and experiments you have performed in the past, I would agree that a HR joint (or a non-linear, i.e. semiconducting, joint) would account for the problems that you are still experiencing.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 09:15:30 PM »

Remembering all the other tests and experiments you have performed in the past, I would agree that a HR joint (or a non-linear, i.e. semiconducting, joint) would account for the problems that you are still experiencing.
I will see if Eclipse will get O R out again.

Can you say why when I force the modem on ADSL settings instead of the proper line settings for ADSL2 it makes things better.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »

Can you say why when I force the modem on ADSL settings instead of the proper line settings for ADSL2 it makes things better.

That puzzled me when I initially read your description and I am still having a problem in attempting to rationalise that effect. I wonder if there is anyone else who might have an idea?

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 09:34:59 PM »

That puzzled me when I initially read your description and I am still having a problem in attempting to rationalise that effect. I wonder if there is anyone else who might have an idea?

The up stream is straight line as from 15.15 when I forced the modem to use ADSL instead of ADSL2

Edit. about 17.50 more interleaving came off, now  16/2
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 09:38:06 PM by tickmike »

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »

Anyone any theory as to why forcing my modem on ADSL instead on it's normal setting of ADSL2 produces a steady Up and Down stream graph and the phone does not affect it. 

Dslam set for ADSL2+
Target 6dB + 6 dB

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 11:16:10 AM »

Perhaps the phone's interference is in the extended upper tones used by ADSL2 but not ADSL?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 11:40:11 AM »

ADSL2 occupies the same frequency range as ADSL (up to 1.1 MHz). ADSL2+ extends the range to 2.2 MHz.
  Eric

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 02:54:48 PM »

It's not that then ;)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 11:42:33 PM »

On my long line I am lucky to get above tone 190 at about 800kHz.

Line been steady now since I put modem on ADSL ( see graph) so I am going change it back to ADSL2 and see how we go.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 12:15:56 PM »

I put the modem settings back on ADSL2 at 12.15 ish and did a QLT using fixed line phone 17070 2
modem drops out and re-sync, left it on ADSL2 until about 19.10 and put modem on ADSL again.

Why does this make it stable ?.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 04:44:18 PM »

What speeds does it connect at on ADSL1 and ADSL2?

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 05:13:14 PM »

Sorry ejs just seen this, have to get back to that.

At the moment maybe with a lot of damp weather we had this week I been having lots of problems with a crackly phone, internet dropping out, internet dropping out when phone rings or is used.
So I got on to BT this week and eventually sent an BT OR chap out, I could see he did a CU line test before he came (thanks to DSLstats) when he came I explained the problems, he got his JDEC out and said he could not see any problem and buggered off  :mad: :doh: maybe something to do with he had re-trained from the army.
Since he left I monitored the line 17070 2  and could hear cracking, someones else phone being rung, someone talking but distorted and as I write this a series of bip, bip, bip,bip,bip repeated over again for four times and I got that recorded on my mobile phone.

I got on to BT again and they are sending someone tomorrow, lets hope he knows a bit more about checking for faults.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 06:42:38 PM »

. .  I monitored the line 17070 2  and could hear cracking, someones else phone being rung, someone talking but distorted and as I write this a series of bip, bip, bip,bip,bip repeated over again for four times and I got that recorded on my mobile phone.

What you have just described is symptomatic of a "battery contact fault".

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 06:52:09 PM »

What at the exchange ?.

Eventful day  :(  :'( see graphs
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:56:47 PM by tickmike »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

anything