Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Still have strange issue with Zen's LNS kit and peak time congestion again too  (Read 1192 times)

tommy45

• Reg Member

Well firstly the issue i was having when i was connected to one of zen's LNS (Gateways) GW2 where i would see less than 50% of the normal throughput single threaded mode when compared to multi-threaded throughput, more recently i appeared to get locked to the Gateway that gave me normal single threaded throughput levels, i realised this after zen support asked me to do some speed tests to compare them, as well as escalate to the networks people,But the support guy conceded that i had already proven the issue lied with Zen
Yesterday (last night) due to there being an increase in jitter levels around peak times and throughput, in general, becoming erratic /inconsistent is speed tests and actual downloading of files from several sources
I tried to hop Gateways and all i could hop too was GW2 (which i had experienced the impacted single threaded throughput on ) And it would appear that Zen have removed the 3rd GW (man dsl 5) because so matter how many times it try i cannot connect to it
So as of yesterday i am now connected to the problematic GW2 but have normal single threaded throughput (outside peak times) and earlier in order to provide tracerts to web addresses selected by Zen for comparison etc, whilst connected to GW1 that had been working ok as far as single threaded throughput goes, was displaying sub 30mbps , very strange it's like someone at Zen is having a joke or something, though i can't see why they would do that tbh,
Again tonight congestion type effects BTW and their unmonitored or purposely run at the max SVLANS (+ Other networking kit too) strikes again