Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Massive Drop in Sync Speed, so frustrated  (Read 7882 times)

elliottchandler

Massive Drop in Sync Speed, so frustrated
« on: December 28, 2016, 07:54:01 PM »

Have a VMG1312-B10D connected to BT Wholesale Broadband Complete. have been fighting with BT Wholesale and Openreach since sync speed dropped overnight from 21Mbps to 11Mbps. Had nine engineer visits and still they say the line tests fine. Two engineers suspect UG fault but won't push out to UG engineer because line test fine. So frustrating.

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: Massive Drop in Sync Speed, so frustrated
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 10:06:05 PM »

There's very little advice that can be given from the basic xDSL stats. I would recommend setting up DslStats or HG612_Modem_Stats and uploading the data to MyDSLWebStats. This gives us access to a mountain of more data.

Although without the before and after of things like the Hlog it may be impossible to tell what any problem may be. It will help diagnosing things like bridging taps though so I would recommend setting that up.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Sheepie

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 10:22:27 PM »

I had (new) Zyxel vmg1312-b10d which when I connected it eventually took me from 80mbit to banded 44mbit connection, as soon as I connected the opereach ECI cruddy locked modem I have gradually got back some of the sync. Got a hg612 modem and unlocked it since ECI one would not use GINP, and been on banded 60mbit profile for a while now though so hopefully that will be removed soon.

get rid of the zyxel modem and get a hg612, unlock it, and leave it alone.........

[Minor moderator edit.]

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:26:15 PM by burakkucat »

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 10:27:07 PM »

His line isn't banded so that won't help at all. Snrm isn't way off and the attainable isn't much higher than sync. The attainable is way below his previous sync so it's something physical that's changed and unlikely to be DLM related.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 07:47:58 AM »

108 Errored Seconds (ES) in just 5 minutes of connection time is not good at all.
If they are continuing at that rate then something is definitely wrong.
 :(
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

elliottchandler

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 10:42:24 AM »

Thanks for replies. Will setup DslStats. Saw a different post that suggested turn off router for 30 minutes. Left it off all night and this morning xDSL stats show improvement but I do see CRC and ES errors. Any comments on new xDSL?

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 12:01:01 PM »

Those CRC and ES figures are bad - you're getting nearly 20 ES per minute on average  :'(
It could be electrical interference or a line fault causing that many ES.
I don't suppose this has started happening since Xmas lights have been about?
 ???
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

elliottchandler

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 12:04:47 PM »

Hi, thanks for the reply. Had problems for 3 months and nine engineer visits. They have said it might be Aluminium in underground but won't push it out to underground team because they say the line test fine. I don't understand how the line can test fine and the xDSL stats from the router says there are loads of errors.

elliottchandler

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 09:10:27 PM »

have downloaded DSLstats and got it running. What data would help to identify the issue?
I have attached the stats page from DSLstats. Hopefully this will help a little.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »

Your D2 line attenuation is showing as 72db and the signal attenuation shows as N/A I think what we need is plot of the tones Bitloading and QLN and Hlog.

Beware your downstream attenuation is showing as 31.6dB a long line there may be not much you can do  :-\

But you have 2.6dB spare on your SNRM which will give you back some speed once your line connects to the target margin of 6dB
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:03:12 PM by NewtronStar »

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 09:41:41 PM »

What data would help to identify the issue?
sign-up to MyDSLWebStats and pop your username & validation key into DslStats and we can see everything we need to on your line
https://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/mdws-rg.php

elliottchandler

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 03:45:16 PM »

Thanks for the info. I have now setup MyDslWebStats account called cwave. Please let me know what can be gleaned from this information.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 06:11:33 PM »

I can see some stats like your bits/tone, but you need to check the other boxes under "items to monitor" in DslStats. From memory I checked everything but vectoring as it's not on my line.

elliottchandler

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »

I have gone back to the software and selected all the available options including vectoring. What can you see now?

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »

You are using the wrong tab since there is no vectoring checkbox where you should be. Use the MyDSLWebStats tab, not Items to Monitor. These stats are uploaded around the hour so you may have to wait a little while to see them...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:21:22 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI
Pages: [1] 2 3