Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: SYNC Speed Reduced overnight. Few questions.  (Read 7658 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: SYNC Speed Reduced overnight. Few questions.
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 11:53:21 PM »

I've just had a read through of this thread and everything appears to have been covered. :)

Like ejs, I understand that ISPs/CPs can now have their own staff trained to perform NTE5 repositioning, rewiring of the incoming service feed and other such simple tasks, etc.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

divybc

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 12:24:13 AM »

Yep, turns out you're all right. It will be a Qube engineer tomorrow.

Hopefully the person does a nice, tidy job.

divybc

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 02:49:25 PM »

Just a little update for you guys. Qube guy showed up, told me he cant do the job next minute he just start doing it anyway. He also said he has no idea why he was here and had no job notes.

During the job he mistaked a virgin line for the bt line, he blew a hole in the top of my wall about 15CM for a phone cable to go thru, he walked into my cabinet which had my new rtac68u on it and it fell and snapped 2 antennas off and finally left the old master with all wires hanging out along with a hell of a lot of dust cleaning for me to do!

Phoned Sky, supposedly need to wait till tomorrow till the MSR team review my case/job.

Not thrilled to say the least.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 03:05:50 PM »

wow what a failure of a job :(

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 04:11:24 PM »

Sorry to hear that, hopefully it hasn't had a negative effect on your broadband. This is exactly the reason I will do most jobs myself.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2016, 06:20:28 PM »

Qube guy showed up, . . .

To date, I have not been aware of any significant complaints about Qube "engineers" but after reading your catalogue of damage/disasters, I think I'll have to regards Qube "engineers" in the same way that I regard operatives from M J Quinn and Kelly Communications.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

divybc

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 05:17:50 AM »

No negative affect on BB speed or max attainable on the line so I guess thats the only plus.

For the 3 hours he was here 3 things need to be put right. My router that was damaged, the hole and damage to my room wall and the wiring that is just hanging out of the old socket space.

I will update you guys later when Sky call to review the job.

divybc

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 12:53:23 PM »

Sky called. Escalated to a complaint team and no time frame on a call back from them as they have no inbound number...

What an absolute mess this is in my opinion. I may have to get this all resolved and part ways with Sky :(

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:55:33 PM by divybc »

divybc

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 12:24:20 PM »

Just a little update for you guys and another question if anyone can answer it.

I have managed to get a refund on my AC68U so that is solved!

As for the hole in the wall, they sent a Q&A guy out who was shocked and they are going to have that repaired on them. He also covered up the old MS with a blank faceplate. So I would say problem nearly solved!

Now, here is my question if you don't mind giving your input... It's appreciated once again.

I have the Sky Hub SR102 which I'm pretty sure you guys know is damn awful on WiFi, no dual band and so on (the list goes on).

I can either stick with it, go all-in-one again which caused my DLM problems in the first place due to them resetting after certain actions (they are now solved, back on 80/20) or I do have a HG612 3b which I am thinking of buying an RT-N66U to pair with this. My issue here is, the OR modem seems to report 151 errors and so many other error counters as soon as it gains sync. I am wondering if that is a GUI bug and if so, can this cause retrains by the DLM?

If someone could recommend me the best in their opinion setup then please do as I am tired of messing around with stuff now. All in One? If so, which solution? Or the HG612 (bear in mind what I said above) paired with another router?

Thank you! You guys are really helpful here.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 12:56:29 PM »

Personally if you are planning to stick with Sky I would go separates.   If you want to use sky Ipv6 as well you need to choose a router that will support both sky's login requirements and ipv6 requirements.  There aren't many that will support both out the box.
Probably worth having a look at skyuser.co.uk to get a feel of what people are using these days for all in ones..

I myself use 3 devices but that's just me. My old asus is now my access point.

divybc

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2017, 03:03:28 PM »

Would the RT-N66U support Skys IPv6? I know it supports Sky's authentication by using Merlin, just not sure how I could set up the IPv6 part.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:07:05 PM by divybc »

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 04:18:21 PM »

My rt-ac88u would not support it properly with merlin. Even with a modified merlin it was still problematic so I jumped over to pfsense which works fine for both requirements. I am not sure about the 66u I'm afraid.

divybc

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 04:37:17 PM »

Would I see any advantages over using IPv6? I have just bought the 66u, but it's still sealed so can return. Not sure about pfsense, seen a load of people mention it on Sky, but not clued up.

I take it that it will be the same settings as these? This guy seems to have it working.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:42:53 PM by divybc »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 05:30:26 PM »

it will work but the issues with asuswrt with sky is maintaining the prefix between reboots/disconnections.  So you will have working connectivity but the code is not fully compatible with the system sky use to make prefixes sticky.

Note sky are sticking to proper RFC standards and the issue is with asus not (as well as other manufacturers).

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2017, 05:32:24 PM »

Also I would prefer to be reliant on pfsense for updates rather than a firmware that has been modified by one individual. No advantage now but probably be needed one day (ipv6..)

I use stock pfsense auto install, no tweakimg. Very easy to setup and install. Configuring is easy for sky stuff...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 05:35:12 PM by skyeci »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything