Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Seasons Greetings  (Read 12782 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: Seasons Greetings
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 11:21:29 AM »

Happy Boxing  Day  ;D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 05:13:33 PM »

Happy Boxing  Day  ;D
What's this, couldn't you spell 'belated'

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 09:39:56 PM »

No  :(
what does it mean ?.
Do not forget I only have 3 (can not spell three ) brain cells. 
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 09:42:52 PM »

Snap

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 09:19:28 PM »

I hope that everyone had a good christmas and a Happy New 2017 to all.

:congrats: :congrats:

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 09:24:33 PM »

Bit earlier than usual, but as I was changing something else, I've taken the site xmas deco's down.
If you still see the snowy logo and the holly header bars then a browser refresh should clear them (ctrl & F5).
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 09:42:19 PM »

btw...  talking of xmas decorations.   Has anyone else observed what appears to be a trend this year in taking down the deco's far earlier than usual.

As far as I can see, Im about the only person in my street that still has my deco's up.  There's a guy over the back from me that does one of those light up the entire neighbourhood for about a mile jobbies.  He took them down a few days after christmas and didnt even wait until new year.

I was driving home from the vets on boxing day (Zigs has been poorly since xmas eve) and was listening to the local radio where people were phoning in saying when they were taking their decorations down.  I was surprised by the amount of people saying Boxing Day, one woman even took hers down on Christmas day night.  Several people said they were bored with them -  Not surprised since I'd seen many houses decorated from the beginning of Nov.  ???

Perhaps I'm just old fashioned, but my tree doesn't normally go up until about 2 weeks before Christmas (depends on when the w/e falls) at the very most...  and they usually come down until about 4th-5th Jan (12th Night). 

I've observed how they seem to go up so much earlier and surprised at the increasing number of people taking them down before the New Year.
-----

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 09:53:31 PM »

Perhaps they want to forget about last year as soon as possible, which by all accounts was a pretty bad year?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 11:12:07 PM »

I put my (limited) decorations up during the morning of December 13th and take them down during the evening of January 6th.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2017, 09:41:39 AM »

I have a mid-december birthday and strongly resist any attempts to 'overlap' it with christmas.   Thus, our decs go up the weekend before 25th, and not a moment earlier.   >:(

Normally they come down on 5th Jan.

Have to admit, we have got more and more tacky, over recent years.   Strings of lights around a big bush, around the garage, and along the fence.   They are just so cheap these days, I keep buying more and more as a 'surprise' for better half.  Who is, of course, no longer surprised. :D
Pages: 1 [2]

anything