Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Will my Internet Service Recover?  (Read 8395 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Will my Internet Service Recover?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 06:33:31 PM »

I never look at MTBE section just the ES at the bottom

ERRORS over 24hr speed profile

ACTION   Ignore     GOOD
1s           30s        300s       86400s
86400       2880        288       1 ES

ERRORS over 24hr standard profile

ACTION   Ignore     GOOD
1s           60s        300s       86400s
86400       1440        144       1 ES
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:56:34 PM by NewtronStar »

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 06:40:56 PM »

You're in the Speed profile, so anything less than 288 ES per 24 hours is ILQ green.

I don't understand what you mean by DLM improving the connection? Your line is on fastpath. Your line isn't banded. It's running as good as it can. DLM isn't limiting your line in any way, so can't "improve it". Actions by DLM can limit a line, but your line isn't affected by DLM at all.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Sunzz

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 11:07:13 PM »

You're in the Speed profile, so anything less than 288 ES per 24 hours is ILQ green.

I don't understand what you mean by DLM improving the connection? Your line is on fastpath. Your line isn't banded. It's running as good as it can. DLM isn't limiting your line in any way, so can't "improve it". Actions by DLM can limit a line, but your line isn't affected by DLM at all.

Well before some power cuts and changing routers trying to get a bit more speed i was on 50/6. Now im on 45/4 as my speed was knocked down, but i know my line can handle a bit more upstream. My line attention is only 18 and should handle alot more, also im missing a big chunk of bit tones so im praying something magic happens lmao :P

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 05:59:27 PM »

I think you should listen to ejs from your other post.....

See if you can get openreach to check the upstream power against attenuation on other customers into the same cab see if anyone is breaking the rules on UPBO.

"the use of UPBO has to be mandatory for all players, otherwise it will not be effective"
This ^^^
Just read some of your previous posts and noticed the UPBO posts. I need to change my signature as I got rid of the monstrosity that is the Asus DSL-AC68U. I now own the lovely RT variant. I'm amazed OpenReach don't ban the Asus's, and even more amazed some ISP's actually supply the things.  The WebUI allows you to set your own snrm target & disable UPBO, and Asus dish out a 3rd party tool that can override certain DLM settings on the DSLAM.

If I were you I would send a very detailed email to the CEO. It's probably the best bet for something technical like this. I can see difficulties getting the average ISP to take this up and know what UPBO even is. Add images of your current bits/tone, and images from the Asus with UPBO disabled. Hopefully somebody in OpenReach can see who's using that device on your DSLAM and who's overriding UPBO.

That's if someone is even disabling UPBO on your DSLAM. It could be something else affecting your upload. The fact turning off UPBO gives you better upload doesn't mean someone else is.

What firmware is your ECI DSLAM running on? We've seen a firmware change impact another users upload on an ECI cab recently.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:04:26 PM by j0hn »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 07:18:54 PM »

I'm in a similar situation to Sunzz where my upload has deteriorated a lot over the last year or so, but my download has stayed around the same, or even improved depending on how far back you go.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Sunzz

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 11:51:09 PM »

This ^^^
Just read some of your previous posts and noticed the UPBO posts. I need to change my signature as I got rid of the monstrosity that is the Asus DSL-AC68U. I now own the lovely RT variant. I'm amazed OpenReach don't ban the Asus's, and even more amazed some ISP's actually supply the things.  The WebUI allows you to set your own snrm target & disable UPBO, and Asus dish out a 3rd party tool that can override certain DLM settings on the DSLAM.

If I were you I would send a very detailed email to the CEO. It's probably the best bet for something technical like this. I can see difficulties getting the average ISP to take this up and know what UPBO even is. Add images of your current bits/tone, and images from the Asus with UPBO disabled. Hopefully somebody in OpenReach can see who's using that device on your DSLAM and who's overriding UPBO.

That's if someone is even disabling UPBO on your DSLAM. It could be something else affecting your upload. The fact turning off UPBO gives you better upload doesn't mean someone else is.

What firmware is your ECI DSLAM running on? We've seen a firmware change impact another users upload on an ECI cab recently.

Which Asus RT router do you own now? Do you mean the CEO of Openreach? I wonder if the CEO would even reply to me lol as this is just a small residential problem, id assume he would be interested in bigger things :(. I believe my firmware is 206.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2017, 12:07:25 AM »

Why not? he replied to me and others, he will pass on your case to a senior member of openreach management team I expect, what happens after that point who knows, but its better contacting the openreach upper management instead of basic low trained CP tech support staff on this issue.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 12:14:07 AM »

He has a team who read/reply to his emails from disgruntled customers. He replied to mine personally, forwarding my email to the Head Office HLC department (high level complaints). Then a couple hours later his team replied saying he was "in meetings all day" and duplicated what Clive had already done. They will pass on your case to the right department.

206 is the expected firmware. That rules the DSLAM firmware out as the problem. Looking for UPBO issues would be my avenue.

Sunzz

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 09:44:05 AM »

Wow, so like you guys said i wrote out a huge email to the CEO at 4 am this morning and he replied at 5 am lol. He said hes going to ask his director of network quality to investigate my line and service, fingers crossed! :D

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 10:20:07 AM »

Keep us updated, it will be very interesting to hear what results you get.

Sunzz

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2017, 03:02:01 PM »

Hey ron, i know youre going through the same problems as me so il update you as fast as possible, i think openreach are working on my internet right now! check my webdslstats, iv had about 15 disconnections in the last hour, stats going crazy, and a few times iv even noticed green tones where the big empty gap normally is! but they it disconnects and its gone again lol

sorry my internet is going as i type this, so if i double post etc my bad

Sunzz

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 02:08:37 AM »

so my missing bit tones came back, but sadly they are now gone. For a few hours i had 48/ 7-8 which is much better on my upload, now its even worse at 38/3 :P. iv got it all recorded on mydslwebstats as well.

If anyone could have a look and tell me what they think that would be greatttt :D they havent contacted me though, so im wondering, was it them or was my connection just going crazy?

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2017, 04:45:13 AM »

Sounds like someone was remotely playing with lines on the DSLAM, possibly trying to identify any offender. Or it's a huge coincidence that the day you reported the issue, is the 1st time in months those tones have been in use.

If UPBO is the cause and they have indeed identified any offending line, I suspect they've allowed it to reconnect and the EU will be contacted directly about their offending equipment.

Must say if that is what's happened then I'm astonished at the speed of response from OpenReach. You'll find out soon enough. Keep us posted.

edit: looking on MDWS quite a bit changed during the 3 hours your U2 band bits/tone returned. Power levels went from -4.3dBm up to 6.8dBm, it made U2 line/signal attenuation jump.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 04:56:34 AM by j0hn »

Sunzz

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 11:35:02 AM »

fingers crossed they will figure out whats wrong. Right now my connection is completely screwed, i havent touched my router at all as i dont really know if they are testing stuff, and im now interleaved, lost 6 meg down and my down sng margin is super low at 5.1, back to 3 mb upload.

It sucks because i cant run dsl stats when im asleep, as my closed loop CPU water cooler has been playing up, and i dont want to leave it on unattended lol.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 01:28:50 PM »

What you need is a Raspberry Pi to install DLStats on  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything