Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: YEY got my HG612! Hows my stats? (Missing Tones)  (Read 9028 times)

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
Re: YEY got my HG612! Hows my stats? (Missing Tones)
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 12:03:56 AM »

ooo, well the reason the power dbm stood out to me is because, all over the forum, lookng at other people stats iv never see anyone else that had -3.4, not even - etc lol it was always in the positive. When reading the explanation on upstream back off power it actually says there can be problems with the dslam not giving off the right amount of power etc so fingers crossed im not affecting others.

Not to worry you but if you have disabled UPBO just don't be surprised if Openreach disconnect or limit your line one day or limit your service somehow - as they have warned they may do so in the past.

"It is prohibited to connect a device to a VDSL2 phone socket which has not passed BT's MCT (Modem Conformance Testing for SIN498).  BT will be using OAM loopback to perform diagnostics on FTTC service and identify the CPE connected. Detection of unauthorised CPE may result in the following:
• Request for removal of unauthorised CPE
• Limitation or disconnection of Service
• Lack of support when troubleshooting faults
• Abortive visit charges or SFI Customer Misoperation charges when engineers find unauthorised equipment on site.
In addition, the usage of equipment which does not comply with the SIN 498 ANFP or interferes with other subscriber's service may result in the service being terminated."

The ECI misreporting power levels is a known bug that is due to be fixed with a DSLAM firmware update - I don't think it actually affects the service you receive though.
If you are in a built up area you are almost certainly adversely affecting the connection of others. The ability of Asus modems to allow that (unlike other brands) is one reason they have never been 'approved' by Openreach for use on their FTTC network
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:08:20 AM by gt94sss2 »

Sunzz

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 12:47:38 AM »

Not to worry you but if you have disabled UPBO just don't be surprised if Openreach disconnect or limit your line one day or limit your service somehow - as they have warned they may do so in the past.

The ECI misreporting power levels is a known bug that is due to be fixed with a DSLAM firmware update - I don't think it actually affects the service you receive though.
If you are in a built up area you are almost certainly adversely affecting the connection of others. The ability of Asus modems to allow that (unlike other brands) is one reason they have never been 'approved' by Openreach for use on their FTTC network

The only reason i used the option was because of EJS previous post, on the fact that im missing a big section of tones on my bitloading etc and that he reckons someone on my cabinet has this option enabled which has lowered mine. Also according to my dsl checker the lowest upload i should get on an impacted line is 8.5 mb, yet i get between 1.5 and 3.5 . Bt engineers said the lines completely fine and im suffering from crosstalk and nothing can be done about it.

EDIT: They even sell the router on bts shop :S
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:55:28 AM by Sunzz »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 06:15:57 AM »

If BTor won't fix the fault then this is what people will do  >:D
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 10:46:06 AM »

Exactly not everyone is tech savvy I don't even know how to change my routers wifi settings from the higher power US settings.

For some reason my wifi range is excellent.

Sunzz

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »

If BTor won't fix the fault then this is what people will do  >:D

looks like i spoke to soon lol, upstream didnt disconnect or anything but loads of fec and crc errors, the snr margin would sit at around 6 db which was fine but would randomly drop for a few seconds, i even see 2.9 db at one point lol

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 02:27:29 PM »

Bear in mind most of UPBO is on US1, where it is very aggressive on short lines.  There is also some power management on US2 but I dont know how mucb backing off actually occurs in that range.

Sunzz

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 02:39:44 PM »

Bear in mind most of UPBO is on US1, where it is very aggressive on short lines.  There is also some power management on US2 but I dont know how mucb backing off actually occurs in that range.

When i check the spectrum on my router, even with UPBO disabled, im still missing that big upstream section which i believe is meant to be U2? so yup ur 100% correct, the first section on my bitloading graph for the upstream flew up when i disabled UPBO but still the 2000-2750 was missing.

Sunzz

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 02:55:39 PM »

Heres with UPBO off and on

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 04:48:14 PM »

Reading from left to right, the bands of sub-carriers are as follows --

US0 DS1 US1 DS2 US2 DS3

Heres with UPBO off and on

Your example clearly shows the effect on the sub-carriers in the US1 band.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:24:31 PM by burakkucat »
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 06:01:55 PM »

When I look at your pbParams the U2 Band plan medley phase show only a certain amount of tones is available to you and U0 & U1 shows all tones being available for each Band

Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan
US: (6,31) (882,1193) (1984,2770)
DS: (33,857) (1218,1959) (2795,4083)
Medley Phase (Final) Band Plan
US: (6,31) (882,1193) (1984,2093)
DS: (41,857) (1218,1959) (2795,4083)

Yes it looks like crosstalk has knocked out 677 tones but I don't think this is down to a rouge crosstalkers modem all you have done is to increase the Bits available on this U1 band via the UPBO switch more Bits or bins = higher sync and I know what crosstalk looks and feels like it's going to annoy other CPE with DSLAM resyncs occurring. 

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 06:07:18 PM »

But then how has the crosstalk or noise or whatever only affected the U2 frequencies, and not the downstream frequencies above and below U2?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »

that U1 without crosstalk or power cut back makes the DS surrounding it look really degraded :)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2016, 06:27:23 PM »

Just going from what I see here and know into line Signal and SNR margin U2 band is showing 0.0 on both it's either a fault or sever crosstalk on this Band  :-\

VDSL Band Status         U0    U1      U2     U3    U4    D1     D2      D3
  Line Attenuation(dB):   0.6   23.3   35.6   N/A   N/A   12.8   30.1   47.4
Signal Attenuation(dB):   0.5   23.1   0.0    N/A   N/A   12.0   29.8   47.4
        SNR Margin(dB):    6.9   6.1     0.0     N/A   N/A  6.4    6.4     6.4
         TX Power(dBm):   -4.5  -18.9  -11.3   N/A   N/A  10.6   7.3    7.3
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 06:30:51 PM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 06:38:57 PM »

I doubt its crosstalk, looks like a fault that needs reporting.

Sunzz

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2016, 01:18:47 AM »

I doubt its crosstalk, looks like a fault that needs reporting.

iv already had 2 engineers here, the last one was here for over 2 hours and said the lines fine but its crosstalk :( i dont know what to do tbh
Pages: 1 [2] 3