Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Re-sync'd at 3dB SNRM  (Read 1307 times)

JamesK

• Reg Member
Re-sync'd at 3dB SNRM
« on: December 05, 2016, 01:52:20 PM »

Hi All,
I came home last night to find that we'd had a power cut while I'd been out. When I restarted my Raspberry Pi I noticed that my sync speed was about 3.5mb higher than before. When I looked at the SNRM it was showing 3.5 down / 4.5 up. I'm assuming this was because the power cut affected the whole area and my HG612 re-synced before most others on the cabinet.

I wasn't expecting the sync to hold, and for some kind of resync to occur in the early hours of the morning... However, nearly 20 hours on from the power cut and the line is somehow holding.

Any thoughts if I can expect this to stay? My stats are on MDWS as JamesK.

Virgin M500+Asus RT-AX86U

gazaai

• Reg Member
Re: Re-sync'd at 3dB SNRM
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »

It will stay as long as your line does not have error seconds higher than specified for your current line profile, as far as I am aware anyway. And by looking at your stats on MDWS it looks like it is doing well so far anyway.
Plusnet: 80 / 20
MDWS Username: GaZaai

Modem: Billion 8800NL (Bridge Mode)
Router + AP: NETGEAR R7800 (OpenWRT/LEDE)
APs: 2x Linksys Linksys EA6700

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: Re-sync'd at 3dB SNRM
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 07:45:10 PM »

Your guess would have been my guess. You've connected before everyone else, at the rate you would if you had no/little crosstalk. Then your neighbours connecting has lowered your snrm.

Just keep an eye on the ES numbers. They can be higher with a lower snrm. If they get too high then perform a resync. If not just leave it, enjoy the speed increase.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM