Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lack of broadband suppliers to FTTP BT customers  (Read 1966 times)

billyboy

• Just arrived
Lack of broadband suppliers to FTTP BT customers
« on: December 10, 2016, 02:19:49 PM »

I have FTTP and had the basic infinity 1 package to begin with. I am now regularly getting close to the 25Gb limit each month and want to upgrade to a higher limit but when I contact various suppliers they tell me I do not have fibre and they can not supply. I suspect BT have not submitted the info to the exchage which shows all suppliers the state of the installation at your premises so that they are the only people I can get to quote and so they do of course want a huge increase in monthly rental to increase my limit. Is there anything I can do to ensure I can get competitive quotes from a number of suppliers for my FTTP please ??

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
Re: Lack of broadband suppliers to FTTP BT customers
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 04:13:51 PM »

Its not BT/Openreach that are the problem - all the ISP's will have the same information about your FTTP line.

However, most ISP's have chosen not to support FTTP lines at the moment - including the big non-BT players like Sky and Talktalk - and this is why they are telling you their services are not available.

Some of the ISP's who do support FTTP are (in no particular order):

1: Andrews & Arnold Ltd
2: Zen
3: BT
4. Plusnet
5. IDNet

BT also offer Infinity 1 on an unlimited data tariff which might suit you if you are happy with the speed otherwise.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 04:16:42 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum.  :)

The problem is that most of the usual Internet service providers do not want to supply the native FTTP product due to the costs involved. That said, have you tried contacting suppliers such as A&A or Zen and telling them that you currently supplied with the FTTP product by BT?

Edit: I see gt94sss2 was faster than myself.  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 06:22:29 PM »

Plusnet don't properly support FTTP, they're only doing it as a trial, for which you need to be an existing customer, see here.

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 07:44:21 PM »

Although it says new builds and will give you a list of supported developments, if you look at the bottom of the page.
If the property already has a connected service then the activation fee is only £25.00.

http://www.directsavetelecom.co.uk/ftth.php
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

anything