Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Adslmax??  (Read 10045 times)

bob.gas

• Reg Member
Adslmax??
« on: April 11, 2006, 02:26:58 PM »

Hi
Can I get ADSLmax even though my ISP isn't BT?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't fully understand it.  :oops:

Thanks

Bob.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'#039#039re a mile away and you have their shoes

PhilT

Re: Adslmax??
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:35:05 PM »

Quote from: "bob.gas"
Hi
Can I get ADSLmax even though my ISP isn't BT?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't fully understand it.  
Most ISPs use BT Wholesale and therefore have access to Max products. Not all ISPs have announced a Max product. Who you with ?

Phil

bob.gas

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 04:08:59 PM »

[/quote]Most ISPs use BT Wholesale and therefore have access to Max products. Not all ISPs have announced a Max product. Who you with ?

Phil[/quote]

I'm with EFH.

Bob
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'#039#039re a mile away and you have their shoes

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Adslmax??
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 02:49:25 AM »

Hiya bob :)

As phil has already quite rightly said, if your ISP uses BT Wholesale as their supplier then they should be able to offer a maxdsl product.

EFH I believe use BTw IPStream so they will be able to it to their customers should they wish to do so.
Some ISP's are upgrading all their customers, others need their customers to request the upgrade, so its probably best to contact them to confirm how they will proceed.

[edited to add]
Just checked out their website, and it seems that they are already offering maxdsl to new customers.  It may however take them a while before they are able to convert their existing customers.

You may also be interested in this article which states that EFH are to offer LLU.
Whether or not you can get this depends if you are on one of Easynets LLU exchanges though.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 02:55:59 AM »

Hi
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't fully understand it.  

btw its not a dumb question at all.

Theres a bit more info about maxdsl here, that may help.

If theres anything that you are confused about, just ask. :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

bob.gas

• Reg Member
Adslmax??
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 09:16:45 PM »

Thanks for the reply Kitz. :)

I have been in touch with EFH and upgraded to ADSLmax which will start on the 21st and according to DSL ZoneUK I should be able to get 3 Mbps or above which I'll be very happy with.:D

Have ordered a new router  which is a Solwise SAR-600ER.
I know you deal with Solwise and was wondering if you have any views on this model.

Your links were very informative and I will def have a more thorough read through your site and hopefully my brain will take it in.

Bob.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
Adslmax??
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 04:18:47 AM »

I have been in touch with EFH and upgraded to ADSLmax which will start on the 21st and according to DSL ZoneUK I should be able to get 3 Mbps or above which I'll be very happy with.

Sweet
One thing to be aware of is that it will take a few days before your speeds with maxdsl start to stablise. Kit at the exchange will monitor your connection for 10 days to get your MSR (Maximum Stable Rate).

>> Have ordered a new router which is a Solwise SAR-600ER

I dont know anything about this particular model Im afraid, - I have the SAR110, which is rather old now but still going strong.
-----

anything